RimaNTSS

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
As I know from high school geometry lessons, any 3 points can make up a plane. Extrapolating this clause to satellite hardware language, I could say that star-holder is more than enough to hold LNBF or LNB in perfect position when LNB's Phase center is perfectly co-located with antenna's Focal point. Star-holder allows to do so. And there is no need to overmedicate things .... Points are A, B and C, and their positions are dependent on length of the 3 feedarms (in some cases there are 4 feedarms). I've got several out-of-shelve star-holders, and I've made several myself. Of course, nothing can be better than proper pipe-clamp (made of INOX and wide enough). That is my IMHO. Holder for C-band LNB/LNBF looks more or less same but has another clamp as a central part. Actually, C-band LNB holder is more universal, as it can hold not only C, but also Ku and Ka LNBs, only proper spacers should be used.

Attachments

RimaNTSS

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Have cut couple of 30mm pieces from 168mm (diameter) pipe. To make holders for PFA out of them. When? I do not know...... when have some spare time.

Attachments

RimaNTSS

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Some time ago I made feedarms and Ku-band LNB-holder for 2.4m PFA of friend of mine. And now, after he is satisfied with Ku-band reception he asked a question whether C-band LNBs with 40mm neck. Of course no, I've said, and you need another holder. :-wow So, I've one today. Used 4mm thick 110mm in diameter "O" ring as a base, 63.5mm clamp. Also made spacer to be able to install Ku-band LNB in the same holder. He already has length-adjustable feedarms, so it is possible to place LNB exactly in the focus of antenna.

Attachments

M

moonbase

Small Dish Man
My Satellite Setup
2.0m Precision
My Location
UK
Some time ago I made feedarms and Ku-band LNB-holder for 2.4m PFA of friend of mine. And now, after he is satisfied with Ku-band reception he asked a question whether C-band LNBs with 40mm neck. Of course no, I've said, and you need another holder. :-wow So, I've one today. Used 4mm thick 110mm in diameter "O" ring as a base, 63.5mm clamp. Also made spacer to be able to install Ku-band LNB in the same holder. He already has length-adjustable feedarms, so it is possible to place LNB exactly in the focus of antenna.

Inox ?

Nice job.

RimaNTSS

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Yes, sorry, did not tell.... all INOX except 2 brass nuts and plastic spacer. :rolleyes: