Status
Not open for further replies.

Tip Top

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HTPC using DVBViewer
My Location
England
I need some advice on Local Oscillator Frequency settings…I have a Bis TV subscription on Hotbird for the French TV channels however I frequently lose TF1, France 2 etc on 11681 H as I have occasional interference from a DECT phone nearby. I live in a closely populated urban area so it is almost impossible to trace the offending phone.

I use DVBViewer on a PC and note that I can manually change my LO frequency setting on a channel by channel basis so would it be therefore possible to use a new LO Frequency which produces a different Intermediate Frequency that would not cause a problem with my reception of Bis TV?

Is there a formula I could use to recalculate my receiving frequency?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I have another suggestion: DECT interference exploits lack of immunity in your Satellite system.

In practice, the weak areas are wall faceplates, inline connections, poor quality cable etc but not the box itself (Faraday Cage effect).

So you might be able to eliminate the interference by looking at ways of improving the cable run to eliminate joints etc as above.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello
changing the lo freq will not fix your problem.
lo must be 9.750/10.600
here is some advice that could work.
better lnb
wrap the lnb in tin foil then use electrical tape to keep the foil on. do not cover the opening where the signal comes in other wise it will stop working 100%
if all that failes a teck with a spectrum analizer will have to come over and find another place to mount your dish where there is a dead spot and the singal can not get in.
i had problems with radar pings and microwave repeters and that was the fix for those problems
ralph

Status
Not open for further replies.