lock indicator stays on, even when ariel is unplugged??

john pick

Reaction score
first time on this site and it looks like if anyone can help me its you guys!
my dish was knocked out of line and i easily moved it back so that the lock indicator switched from not locked to ok. all was fine up untill my flat mate decided to hang his washing on the main bracket arm (nice!!). thought there would be no problems id just do the same as before, but now even when i reset the box by unplugging the mains for 30 seconds the lock indicator stays on ok even when the lnb is unplugged!?!?. i just cant get my head around this? so called out the installer he says the dish is aligned and working fine buy a new box! this is not an option as a new box is €445 (if you catch my drift lol) I'm in salou Spain!

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Does the lock indicator still stay on if you disconnect the dish lead from the box (at the box end)?

If it unlocks then you box is probably OK and there is a problem with the LNB or the downlead. If it doesn't then the box has probably gone tits up.

It's always best to try substitution. If there's anyone else with a working setup nearby ask if you can connect your box to the downlead. It could be a bit more risky the other way as a short circuit in your downlead or LNB could damage a box.

Hope this helps.

PaulR