London RTL feed in b&w

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
On the London RTL feed on telstar 12 at 15 west showing american feed of msnbc i am receiving the channel in colour on my pc computer monitor but the channel is outputting from my video out to my tv in black and white, this is the only channel that does this on the whole arc. Why?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 03-Aug-01 AT 09:08 PM (GMT)[/font][p]is it being transimitted in Secam or NTSC...?
If it's American it will probably be in NTSC and that comes through on non-NTSC receviers in black and white (with some picture shift).
2old

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
not sure 2old but my video has ntsc circuitry and can play ntsc videos.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
but does it give an NTSC signal though to your TV? If so your TV needs to be NTSC compatible too...

2old

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi S*T*A*R*M*A*N,

Your Pentavision card is set to receive in pal for all shannels generally, to check this one channel go into config/source and change it to NTSC, then it should send the right signal to your NTSC enabled video.

Rolf

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
excellent idea :)
why didnt i think of that? i will do it tomorrow but not tonight as its too late and i think the neighbours might hear my motor, not sure just how loud it is outside but probably loud enough.

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
OK i moved the dish stuff the neighbours. Im still getting the picture out to tv as black and white. The picture on monitor does change but tv is the same. What is idtv? and motion filter? its in the settings but i have never had it seem to do anything

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like the UK spec cards only put out in PAL composite then. IDTV stands for Integrated digital TV, the don't really know what the other one does I'm afraid, unless it is to stop pixellation on quick movement.

Rolf

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Nver managed to sort this problem out, i can only assume 2old is right about the signal bneing ntsc. oh well..

being trying to change my email address but cant seem to get it to change, my old email i have used for last few years is now no longer working, i wish my email responses to be sent to starmanuk50@hotmail.com

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If you PM Chris or 2old they will check out why you can't change your E-mail, having said that they will probably pick up the message from this thread anyway.

Rolf

PS. I have found that occasionally the card only throws out a mono picture anyway and needs to be reset to change to colour, not sure whether it's a software or hardware glitch.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I have enabled the option which allows members to change their own account info (first name, last name, email address).

Sasterisktasteriskaasteriskrasteriskmasteriskaasteriskn - try it again

2old

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 28-08-01 AT 09:57 PM (GMT)]"Sasterisktasteriskaasteriskrasteriskmasteriskaasteriskn - try it again"

Is this the new LMS shorthand? :)

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Thanks i will try again 2old.
So im not the only one getting a black and white picture rolf? :)
Reset does work not sure why. I was blaming my upstairs video, but downstairs video same make, model is exactly the same.
Wonder if this is another one of those driver conflict problems. Maybe it only does it on later versions.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No, just one of those standard Beta Hardware/Software problems that we all seem to encounter. :)

Rolf

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
sorry seems to be working ok now. Didnt notice the page 2 link :)