Looking for a new cheap box for freesat

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Hi,

As thread says, I am looking for a new cheap box for Freesat, but one that is good for fringe reception. I know the new Sky boxes are good and cheap, but as I don´t subscribe I hate flicking past all the blank channels. Not worried about PVR as I have one, but just a cheap box.

How do the latest Bush and Manhatton boxes compare to the latest Sky and Humax for tuner sensitivity?

Thanks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
How keen are you on having a full seven-day EPG?

If you can cope with Now and Next, then there are lots of generic boxes with the Sharp Tuner that seems to be one of the most sensitive available.

Skybox F5S, for one. Very cheap (Around €50).

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Hi, I won´t be using it. I already have my Humax PVR, but my friend will be and needs the simple standardised numbering of Freesat and the 7 day EPG. But thanks anyway.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
The epg on the skybox (S MODEL) is good with the latest F/W and if you search for AJ channel list it puts them all in order.

Last edited:
S

Steve Steve

Go for the Humax Freesat foxsat .(if you can find one)..,.Tho sadly discontinued ......great for fringe reception of Freesat (Ch5 Ch4 HD..Etc)...Just a standard (Non PVR) Easy to use 7day EPG..channnels in freesat order & updated over air ,freesat HD box and a excellent sensitive tuner... .........easy the best Freesat box i have ever had....!!! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/humax-freesat-hd-box-/370984523418

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
My Satellite Setup
1.4 m dish humax foxsat
My Location
Obidos Portugal
I bought a cheap Manhattan Plaza HD-S2 for our holiday rental apartment and it has good reception. I like the easy to use interface and menus. Better than the more confusing Humax for our tourists who didn't understand the Humax or Sky boxes so easily.