Looking for an installer in letterkenny donegal and possibly derry

vinny bhoy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none yet
My Location
derry
new to this and was hoping to get a dish installed and dreambox set up if anyone could install it for me?

thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No-one is going to be able to help unless you give a bit more info on what satellites / channels you are likely to be wanting to watch!

eg - a tiddly 60cm dish for Sky UK or a monster 1.2m for satellite feeds off the more obscure birds.

A dreambox is not really a suitable receiver for a first timer to tackle - they are evil s.o.b's and take months to master properly. So why choose a DB??

vinny bhoy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none yet
My Location
derry
Analoguesat said:
No-one is going to be able to help unless you give a bit more info on what satellites / channels you are likely to be wanting to watch!

eg - a tiddly 60cm dish for Sky UK or a monster 1.2m for satellite feeds off the more obscure birds.

A dreambox is not really a suitable receiver for a first timer to tackle - they are evil s.o.b's and take months to master properly. So why choose a DB??

thanks for the reply,

reason i was trying to get a dreambox was cus i was reccommended this from a friend in scotland but have been asking a few people and noone could help

im looking for something for sky uk but would like to pick up some european channels italy poland etc? i beleive i need a motorised dish for this

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A DB is not really an ideal place to start unless you are willing to put WEEKS of hard work into learning how they work under the bonnet. You dont take one out of the box and get the best out of them in the first couple of nights!

Italian and Polish channels can be found on mainly on a cluster of satelliotes known as the Hotbirds at the orbital slot of 13E. Whilst there are some free ones, most of the interesting stuff is scrambled, so you need to think about subscription costs a well.

You could get 13E & the Sky UK satellites at 28E with one decent static 80cm dish and a bit of clever electronic switching.

vinny bhoy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none yet
My Location
derry
Analoguesat said:
A DB is not really an ideal place to start unless you are willing to put WEEKS of hard work into learning how they work under the bonnet. You dont take one out of the box and get the best out of them in the first couple of nights!

Italian and Polish channels can be found on mainly on a cluster of satelliotes known as the Hotbirds at the orbital slot of 13E. Whilst there are some free ones, most of the interesting stuff is scrambled, so you need to think about subscription costs a well.

aye i was expecting subscription costs too, looking something with the uk channels and mainly for football then on a saturday and sunday :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The best football subscriptions are anything up to a thousand quid a year if you have to use a uk based reseller.

(OR fifteen hundred if you want HD :-rofl2)

vinny bhoy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none yet
My Location
derry
Analoguesat said:
The best football subscriptions are anything up to a thousand quid a year if you have to use a uk based reseller.

(OR fifteen hundred if you want HD :-rofl2)

:eek:

thatys why i was trying to find someone who could set up and install a dream box for me but prob wudnt be able to myself. i could get a dish installed and the db but wud have to read up on it from there

i thought the dish was gonna be the hard part! im looking for something with uk polsat and arab. mite just have to be the bar :D