Looking for satellites !!

scuttya

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zone 2 60cm dish,Technomate 7750 2VA 2CI,Sky digibox & Zone1 dish.
My Location
uk
I have just purchased a Metronic motor for my dish,(Saves me going up and down a ladder,or so I thought !!) I am attaching it to a Zone2 dish, is there any problem doing this ,given the shape of the dish ? I had set it up as shown, but can only get Astra 19E, no others seem to be picked up, Ideally I am looking for atlantic bird 3 , but would like to have others also.

Regards

Scuttya

timbo86

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, CM 1.2 with invacom quad c120 & channelmaster feedhorn.
My Location
Belfast, Northern Ireland
The zone 2 dish is not really made out to be motorised, an 80 cm dish would be more suitable and you will pick up more birds. As for Atlantic Bird 3 at 5 West your zone 2 will pick up the fta French channels at this position. 11.591 V 19636 2/3, Hope this helps.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I've used a couple of Zone 2 dishes on motors and they worked quite well, had to change the U Bolts to fit motor arm and doctor the LNB to allow for zero Skew though.

If you have set it up and can only find Astra 19.2, then you have not started the setup properly, as you need to find due South first.

scuttya

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Yep ,the U Bolts were tricky,but I overcame that one, when you mention zero skew on the LNB, what does this mean ?
Also, the motor is set at about 33 degrees, where should the dish be set on the scale which is on the zone2 dish or is this not relevent?
Just like to say that the forum is great and I really apreciate the help you guys give out,I am learning alot !!

Regards

Scuttya

rolfw said:
I've used a couple of Zone 2 dishes on motors and they worked quite well, had to change the U Bolts to fit motor arm and doctor the LNB to allow for zero Skew though.

If you have set it up and can only find Astra 19.2, then you have not started the setup properly, as you need to find due South first.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The LNBs on Sky minidishes are pre-skewed, rotated in the collar or casing to suit the Astra 28.2E satellite location. For a motorised system, the LNB should be perfectly vertical, as the angle of orientation (skew) should be zero when looking at the due South satellite.

The angle on the motor bracket will depend on your lattitude and longitude, but whatever that is, you really need to find your perfect due South point first. I am assuming that your mounting pole is perfectly plumb also. :)

scuttya

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Aah, I understand, when you mention about the mounting pole being plumb ,do you mean the pole to the wall or the pole that protudes from the motor?

Regards

Scuttya

rolfw said:
The LNBs on Sky minidishes are pre-skewed, rotated in the collar or casing to suit the Astra 28.2E satellite location. For a motorised system, the LNB should be perfectly vertical, as the angle of orientation (skew) should be zero when looking at the due South satellite.

The angle on the motor bracket will depend on your lattitude and longitude, but whatever that is, you really need to find your perfect due South point first. I am assuming that your mounting pole is perfectly plumb also. :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The pole on the wall, it is the root of the system and if not plumb, will throw out the arc.