marvel666

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar 4000v2
My Location
Milton Keynes
Evening all,

Would anyone be able to help me?
I am new to all of this diy satellite setup stuff so go easy on me :)

My missus is German and we have a 2 year old daughter who is now coming out with new words every day. so we thought that installing a fta german satellite system would help her pick up a few extra german words other than those my partner tries to teach her.

I purchased an all in one kit from mapling as i didnt want anything fancy.

I have installed a fortec star 4000v2 and dish etc but seem to be having a few issues.

I have alligned the dish to 19.2E which i believe points to the astra 1 satllite which has a large number of german channels.

I appear to have 70-80 percent signal strength but when I run the installation option I appear to have all freesat uk channels and no german channels.

Am i pointing to the correct satellite.

I have used a compass to allign the dish to 19 degrees east of south, is this correct.

I also have a satellite finder and seem to have good signal strength.

can anyone help??

Many thanks!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You need to move the dish 9 degrees west and up a couple of degrees, you are looking at Astra 28.2.

Best also to reset the receiver and delete the incorrectly stored channels.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hello & welcome to the forum.

If you are getting the UK channels then you are getting the Astra 2 cluster at 28E, but never mind - you have done the difficult bit - finding ANYTHING!

The Germansd are on the Astra 1 cluster at 19E. So facing the dish you need to move it left and up a little. Two or three lnb widths to the left and maybe half an lnb width upwards.

Mark the dish bolts and plates so if you get hopelessly lost you can find your start place again. Once you find it tweak up the alignment to give you maximum signal.

EDIT - need to type faster! :D

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well done on finding a Satellite at all - some people find it really hard but, now you've got the idea, shifting along the arc to the correct position should be relatively easy.