Loop Through!

joshjess

Hi

I have a Hummy 5100CI connected to a 80 cm motorised dish, and have looped my Grundig Sky Digibox, I have tuned in the FTA channels from Eurobird at 28.2 to my Hummy, so I know I can receive FTA programmes, however when I put the Hummy on stand-by and turn on the Grundig Digibox and check the status of the signal, it is telling me that signal strength is at 90% but signal quality is 0% hence I can't receive any channels using the Digibox! can someone explain where I might be going wrong?

Thanks

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
Could be the Humax only allows loopthrough when its switched on

Have you tried entering frequencies on the same polarity and band in the digibox when the Humax is on ?

radtv

Supporting Advertiser
Staff member
No I have tried both the hummy on and off, and tried to re-tune the digibox, but still no signal quality!

w hole

My Location
uk
Hello JJ

The problem is that the Humax resorts to a specific Polarity and High/Low Option when it is switched off.

I have the same problem when linking through to my Analogue box from my Humax F1-CI.

If you are planning to watch several channels via the DigiBox - which I guess you are - you would be better to get a second or dual Lnb.

Regards

W. Hole

radtv

Supporting Advertiser
Staff member
Managed to get the digibox working it seems like there was a problem with the loop through cable!
Thanks for your advice.