Lost software on Sky+

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Went to change channel after viewing a recorded movie on sky+ last night but the screen went clear and a message saying tecnical fault with this ch and every other one. Went into set up to see if signal was there and it was but noticed that the network ids and transport streams were blank. Any ideas what caused this. Done a forced download and everything was fine again.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Dear me John, that is a classic example of a (don't shout it) glitch
Seems like lot's of things these days have them. An associate of mine at work slightly longer in the tooth than me but still shit hot at programming (old school) swears that the newer methods of software testing are to blame. Nobody has the time or financial resources to test anything thoroughly before release that is why Beta versions exist to allow the general public to debug them for free.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
toppervte33h said:
Dear me John, that is a classic example of a (don't shout it) glitch
Seems like lot's of things these days have them. An associate of mine at work slightly longer in the tooth than me but still shit hot at programming (old school) swears that the newer methods of software testing are to blame. Nobody has the time or financial resources to test anything thoroughly before release that is why Beta versions exist to allow the general public to debug them for free.

LOL, and he's not wrong... :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Frightening really, these Sky+ boxes are costing me a lot of money in terms of the amount of return visits I need to make, pretty close to ceasing the supply again. Had stopped supplying the Mk1 box, but had thought that the Mk2 box and software was better. :(

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Yeah, if they had an Ethernet port, you could fix them from home... :-doh!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
BGonaSTICK said:
Yeah, if they had an Ethernet port, you could fix them from home... :-doh!
And knowing the world at large if they had an ethernet port probably converting them to provide other far more useful functions :rolleyes:

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
So Im Fu**ed in other words. And I thought that with Flash Wizzard Pro My finger was safe from holding down that button. Ah well. Oh it went again last night. Going to find a small window to F***it out.