eghamhigh

My Satellite Setup
echostar 808 2CI
Matrix Reloaded Cam
Fixed dish 13E
My Location
Surrey/Berks Border
Hi

I've got my MR CAM. It's currently got MR1.60. . It gives me some channels but not the T*PS and M*ULTIVISI*N channels and I don't want to miss out on the party!!!. I've read tons and tons of threads (alot of info says to find "how to update using a laptop" by Tutut at the Den but no user called Tutut now. So I'm still not clear what I have to do.

I think I should load MR1.61 (when I can find it - Matrixcam.com only seem to have 1.080) or do I go straight from MR1.60 to MR1.70?

I have a laptop with Windows 98 (not SE) and a PMCIA slot. I've already renamed the .vxd file mentioned in a thread and checked that I have the PC??? file can't remember what it was called or where I read that.

What else do I need?

Then what do I do?

eghamhigh

My Satellite Setup
echostar 808 2CI
Matrix Reloaded Cam
Fixed dish 13E
My Location
Surrey/Berks Border
Thanks for your reply mndja. Thought I didn't need a CAS loader to load new software for Matrix reloaded if I had a laptop and PMCIA slot. Could someone confirm if CAS loader needed.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

eghamhigh

My Satellite Setup
echostar 808 2CI
Matrix Reloaded Cam
Fixed dish 13E
My Location
Surrey/Berks Border
Thanks for the above thread to the AHAC's guide. I'd already seen it and it doesn't really get me started from where I stand - steep learning curve! Perhaps once I understand it I'll have to write a few paragraphs to add to the guide! I've found some help though from another forum member.