Lost the ability to record and playback on sky+

JohnL

Reaction score
Hi,

I got sky+ 6 months ago and everything was okay. Recently I noticed the sky planner was saying that there was actually less space left for recording than there actually was. I had programs recorded taking up 20% of the space but the box was telling me there was only 30% space remaining. Now when I try to record or playbeack I get the message that there is a problem and it is not possible to record or playback. I am currently abroad and am reluctant to contack SKY to find out if for some reason they have disabled these functions.
Anyone else get these problems ?

Cheers John

Grayarea

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Newport, Co Mayo
Press SERVICES then 4 - 0 - 1 - SELECT and choose FULL SYSTEM RESET

This will reformat the hard disk. If this does not work then the hard disk may be dead, check feed 2 lock, if it is unlocked, that usually means (assuming cable connected and LNB OK) that the hard disk has failed.

This is what sky will ask you to do anyway so you have nothing to lose.

Grayarea

JohnL

Reaction score
Thanks Grayarea I have done this and now everything is okay again.

leRoiHenri

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tiny 42" Plasma, Pace 3100 Sky+, Panasonic DMR-75V DVD/VHS Recorder. DELL Desktop (Dimension 2200) & 2 DELL Laptops (Inspiron 8200 & 4100) all w. doubled RAM, Netgear 108Mbps Super g DG834GT Wireless ADSL Router & WG511T Wireless PC Cards, ADSL4Less
My Location
South of England
Grayarea said:
Press SERVICES then 4 - 0 - 1 - SELECT and choose FULL SYSTEM RESET

This will reformat the hard disk. If this does not work then the hard disk may be dead, check feed 2 lock, if it is unlocked, that usually means (assuming cable connected and LNB OK) that the hard disk has failed.

This is what sky will ask you to do anyway so you have nothing to lose.

Grayarea

Magic! Many thanks to you, Greyarea (and to Warped and Twisted Mod BGonaSTICK for posting this URL). Much cheaper & more convenient than BSkyB (may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits .... ).

leRoiHenri

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL - they must have very large corporate armpits...