Lucky again....1.9m(1.8m)....secured.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Do love that joining nut, felt tip pen! Where is the sticky back plastic! BUT you are right, easy fix!

Lol Brain, it gets you to see what I am talking about, I am rubbish at explaining things:-doh but good at doing them :),

The other end is the best way if you have a drill LP. the threaded rod might be a pain to source,

A

Archive4

Lol Brain, it gets you to see what I am talking about, I am rubbish at explaining things:-doh but good at doing them :),

The other end is the best way if you have a drill LP. the threaded rod might be a pain to source,
I don´t think that will be a problem, I can think of a few people I would like to extract it from, sorry, I can think of a few places I can get it from!

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
So can I, but Lp has already mentioned he does not no the size/diameter, if he does it the other way the measurement of the steel needed will be easier for him to locate/order :)

A

Archive4

So can I, but Lp has already mentioned he does not no the size/diameter, if he does it the other way the measurement of the steel needed will be easier for him to locate/order :)
Not a problem, he lives 10 mins away from me, so I will go and see what it needs, then source it! Although I do like the idea of extracting it from certain people! CO9T´s , I´m sure you get my drift!

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Thanks for helping LP,

Not a problem, he lives 10 mins away from me, so I will go and see what it needs, then source it! Although I do like the idea of extracting it from certain people! CO9T´s , I´m sure you get my drift!

Yes I used to like doing things like that when I was a young kid , then I grew up and moved on. I am sure you will get my drift one day ;)

A

Archive4

Thanks for helping LP,

Yes I used to like doing things like that when I was a young kid , then I grew up and moved on. I am sure you will get my drift one day ;)
Guess I´m Peter Pan!
As for helping LP, no pasa nada

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
As some of you know time is my enemy at the mo so I am unable to perform many manual things because of constraints so if I have a problem I know that peeps here will assist me with their thoughts and ideas to cure.

As is the case here, the input from yourselves will give me my 'new' bolt.......hurry up that bloody dish is heavy doing it manually.......:D:D

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
I am sure Brian will sort it out LP, I did not realise he was so close to you, its handy to have someone close to hand:) i am looking forward to seeing what else you can pick up once its modified. keep at it as and when you can pal:).

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
Happy days and two gents on here to especially thank, Brian and Martin.

Brian arrived as promised 10:45:08hrs so the CCTV says :D, had a rattle, dismantled the old bolt arm and left to sort the job out.
13:48hrs Brian arrives back with the new bolt assembly.....fitted and job done.respect-057.GIF

Old bolt was 50cm.....new one is 70cm and at 57.0ºE the old bolt was fully out out of the guide!
Copy of P1000579.jpg Copy of P1000584.jpg Copy of P1000585.jpg

Asked him permission to post and say a few things on the forum.....no probs 'but please mention Martin as it was his idea.

So both, again a million thanks....not much down time. respect-048.gif

Nice guy Brian, he looked after me and I looked after him.

Like many other members threads, peeps helping peeps..........boy am I lucky or what, Easter eggs and threaded bolt on the same day!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Very mean of you not to mention the Easter Eggs until the very end - can you Fax us some? ;)

A

Archive4

Happy days and two gents on here to especially thank, Brian and Martin.

Brian arrived as promised 10:45:08hrs so the CCTV says :D, had a rattle, dismantled the old bolt arm and left to sort the job out.
13:48hrs Brian arrives back with the new bolt assembly.....fitted and job done.View attachment 75810

Old bolt was 50cm.....new one is 70cm and at 57.0ºE the old bolt was fully out out of the guide!
View attachment 75812 View attachment 75813 View attachment 75814

Asked him permission to post and say a few things on the forum.....no probs 'but please mention Martin as it was his idea.

So both, again a million thanks....not much down time. View attachment 75811

Nice guy Brian, he looked after me and I looked after him.

Like many other members threads, peeps helping peeps..........boy am I lucky or what, Easter eggs and threaded bolt on the same day!

LP tks for the words, they sometimes mean more than the pics

Martin, think I got the design right, felt tip pen ran out, but I´ve still got loads of sticky back plastic!

PS, I havn´t got an egg either :-lmao

PPS LP hope the BBQ is good this evening, for you, your wife and amigos!

Last edited by a moderator:

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Great stuff, glad your sorted J. and thanks for taking time out to help Brian, looks a great job:).

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
.......PS, I havn´t got an egg either :-lmao

PPS LP hope the BBQ is good this evening, for you, your wife and amigos!
Sorry all about the lack of Easter eggs but as per usual the good ladies were eating these as we were, again as usual, in charge of the BBQ......real macho work. :D........last years BBQ finished at 03.30hrs so a wee bit of time to go yet......been a cracking day.....thanks to all. ;)

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
Great stuff, glad your sorted J. and thanks for taking time out to help Brian, looks a great job:).

Yes Martin, real pleased thanks....nice fast outcome for me and Brian and yourself will be blamed for the time I spend with the dish tomorrow **!! :D:D

Enjoy your night.....back to the food and drink now.

Cheers.

A

Archive4

LP, while I was extending your length! you asked about finding a new lnb. Please post on " Installing dishes in Spain, chit-chat" I´m sure someone can help you out!

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
What LNB do you want?

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
What LNB do you want?
Hi H....hope life is ok with you.

Just thinking about a twin C-Band....not really reasearched yet but would help as I could have a feed to the initial setup location and a secondary to the 'PC/sat' room...save changing the cables all the time!

Thanks to suggestions here I bought my first single feed imported from the U.S. and very pleased with the results.

Best wishes. :)