Madonna programmer & Cardwriter s/w

smudger_smith

Reaction score
My Location
West Sussex
Hi

Being a tight-fisted sort, when I was given a Madonna programmer by a good m8, I was reluctant to discard it when I found it wouldn't work reliably with Cardwriter V2.06 These programmers were available from Ma*king several months ago but are not mentioned on their web site now. The programmer works fine with V1.87 - unfortunately V1.87 apparently can only deal with basic FunCards. V1.87 doesn't seem to be able to program external EPROMs greater than 8KB. I needed to load 2 FunCard 4s (32K:cool: or one FunCard 5 (64K:cool: to upgrade the f/w in a Joker/BlackIce CAM. I got into the 'Insert Card 1' then 'Insert Card 2' loop which indicates that not all the code is present. I found V2.06 and, strangely, this worked with the programmer just long enough to program my FunCard 5 since when I get a 'Sync error' every time I try and use V2.06 with a FunCard. V1.87 will see the 90S8515 CPU on any of my FunCards without any problem but 2.06 - nah! I suspect that there is a cruital timing margin which V1.87 deals with OK but V2.06 fails to handle consistently. Has anybody come across this problem? If so how did you resolve it? Is there some other s/w which will handle FunCard 4, 5 & 6?

Cheers

Smudger

smudger_smith

Reaction score
My Location
West Sussex
Hi

My m8 who gave me the programmer has done some research and has come up with Masterburner V2.3. This does the trick for my FunCard 4s at least. In the configuration section there is a variable delay for the AVR timing which is set to 9mS. I suspect this value may be too small in Cardwriter 2.06.

Anyway, I'm now able to program my FunCards again.

Cheers

Smudger

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well done Smudger, always good to see someone come up with their own solution and If I might say, even better when they take the time to post and let people know how they did it. :)

HAXHERE

Reaction score
any help how can i program tit card with infinty usb phoenix i`ve got 9 pin lead which works ok with com1 but when i open a program says there no cpu found