Magic Cam and Nokia 9650S

marmal

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Malta
Thanks for all the help you give.
I ordered the MM and after reading postings from this forum I learned that it might NOT be compatible with some receivers, can you please point out a site with the list of compatible receivers ? Or at least, do you think it's compatible with my Nokia Mediamaster 9650 S.
Thankyou.

marmal)(-red

marmal

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Malta
This is for you Nikolai, if you would help please, I am trying to reprogram my magic cam V1.02 on my 9650 s. The cam connects, the green light is on and when I start Dream Loade programming, I get ' Module not responding' message and the program halts.
I tried it on both my PC's and the same thing happened.
Does the receiver have to be connected to the antenna for the programming to succeed ?
I have followed all the steps written in the Programming the Cam section, but the problem is still there. I don't have a laptop, so I disconnect the receiver and take it next to the PC and power it there.
Any help please ?
The cam menu now reads DREAM LOAD.
I hope the cam isn't faulty.

Thanks
Marmal

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Marmal:

please have a look at the answer to FAQ: Programming the Magic Module for the first time.

It is quite explicitly suggesting, you have to get the LNB (antenna) connected to the receiver for programming the MM. :-righton

What Windows OS is on the PCs you have tried?

marmal

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Malta
Yhanks Nikolai for your answer, the situation got a BIT better now.
I connected the 9650 to the LNB, upgraded the firmware to the latest on the NOKIA site and the MM programmed easily now, BUT, I still can get nothing out of it but FTA channels.
I inserted a Fun card programmed with Nokia Files, nothing was decrypted.
I insertes a Gold card programmed with S**A siles with nothing decrypted also.
I changed Penta Crypt 1.05 to 1.07 and back but still nothing showed.
Does this mean MM is not for me?
I tried all suggestions you posted to other NOKIA owners, still with no avail.

This cam cost me quite a packet, and I really wish simeone can help.

Thanks and BEST Regards. :mad: ((( :( ))) :mad:

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Ok, marmal

I am not sure whether the situation is better or worse now :confused , as what you are saying now may suggest that you have a faulty module. :(

There was a batch of v.1.02 modules produced, that program Ok, recognise the card Ok, read it, but do not decode any channels. They all proved faulty and were exchanged, successes followed. :p

Things to do:
- Load the module with Penta 1.05 or 1.07 - does not matter - make sure the receiver sees the module as Pentacrypt.
- Make a Fun card with the latest 6-in-1 (Satkoos, Boris, DaveM, etc. There are new files dated 290902)
- Try again.
- If it does not work, try it in your friends receiver (Humax or Echostar preferred) or at your dealers'.
- If it does not work - the module is faulty, exchange it with your dealer (v.1.03 out now) or get a refund.

marmal

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Malta
Thanks Nikolai, that I will do.
Hopefully I'll keep you posted with some REALLY good news

O-Ha )(-red O-Ha