• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Magic Cam and Nokia 9650S

marmal

My Location
Malta
Thanks for all the help you give.
I ordered the MM and after reading postings from this forum I learned that it might NOT be compatible with some receivers, can you please point out a site with the list of compatible receivers ? Or at least, do you think it's compatible with my Nokia Mediamaster 9650 S.
Thankyou.

marmal)(-red

marmal

My Location
Malta
This is for you Nikolai, if you would help please, I am trying to reprogram my magic cam V1.02 on my 9650 s. The cam connects, the green light is on and when I start Dream Loade programming, I get ' Module not responding' message and the program halts.
I tried it on both my PC's and the same thing happened.
Does the receiver have to be connected to the antenna for the programming to succeed ?
I have followed all the steps written in the Programming the Cam section, but the problem is still there. I don't have a laptop, so I disconnect the receiver and take it next to the PC and power it there.
Any help please ?
The cam menu now reads DREAM LOAD.
I hope the cam isn't faulty.

Thanks
Marmal

Nickolai

My Location
Berkshire
Marmal:

please have a look at the answer to FAQ: Programming the Magic Module for the first time.

It is quite explicitly suggesting, you have to get the LNB (antenna) connected to the receiver for programming the MM. :-righton

What Windows OS is on the PCs you have tried?

marmal

My Location
Malta
Yhanks Nikolai for your answer, the situation got a BIT better now.
I connected the 9650 to the LNB, upgraded the firmware to the latest on the NOKIA site and the MM programmed easily now, BUT, I still can get nothing out of it but FTA channels.
I inserted a Fun card programmed with Nokia Files, nothing was decrypted.
I insertes a Gold card programmed with S**A siles with nothing decrypted also.
I changed Penta Crypt 1.05 to 1.07 and back but still nothing showed.
Does this mean MM is not for me?
I tried all suggestions you posted to other NOKIA owners, still with no avail.

This cam cost me quite a packet, and I really wish simeone can help.

Thanks and BEST Regards. :mad: ((( :( ))) :mad:

Nickolai

My Location
Berkshire
Ok, marmal

I am not sure whether the situation is better or worse now :confused , as what you are saying now may suggest that you have a faulty module. :(

There was a batch of v.1.02 modules produced, that program Ok, recognise the card Ok, read it, but do not decode any channels. They all proved faulty and were exchanged, successes followed. :p

Things to do:
- Load the module with Penta 1.05 or 1.07 - does not matter - make sure the receiver sees the module as Pentacrypt.
- Make a Fun card with the latest 6-in-1 (Satkoos, Boris, DaveM, etc. There are new files dated 290902)
- Try again.
- If it does not work, try it in your friends receiver (Humax or Echostar preferred) or at your dealers'.
- If it does not work - the module is faulty, exchange it with your dealer (v.1.03 out now) or get a refund.

marmal

My Location
Malta
Thanks Nikolai, that I will do.
Hopefully I'll keep you posted with some REALLY good news

O-Ha )(-red O-Ha