Magic Cam, Big Help Pls

martinhardy

Reaction score
Hi,

Someone turn the loader on, on my cam. Now i cant use it, its in DREAMLOAD, is there a way for me to reload it again, just using the PCMCIA slot on a laptop.

Im desperate, need to get this working any help would be appreciative.

Thanks

Martin

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Just re-program it with the MM progammer interface. Penta 1.09 is safe but there is 1.11 around which is ok but also one which is dodgy.

martinhardy

Reaction score
jimbo said:
Just re-program it with the MM progammer interface. Penta 1.09 is safe but there is 1.11 around which is ok but also one which is dodgy.
Trouble is i dont have a programmer, the only thing i have is the card programmer, are you saying to load the loader info to the fun card and let it load?

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hi again Martin

A long time since I had a MM but you need a programmer interface which slips inside the MM when it's in the receiver. The programmer connects to a serial port. An alternative is shown in the following thread http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=5606

I don't know if the MM can be programmed via a lappie...don't think so. Most ppl seem to have changed their MM into a Matrix Reloaded with a CAS2 interface as it's considered to be more flexible. I prefer the dragon cam to be honest as it's easier to update and can open more channels with the Predator software.

I suggest you look around the threads to see what suits you best.

I know this may seem to be confusing to newcomers but there's a lot going on in this hobby and a lot to learn. You'll get there though. :)

martinhardy

Reaction score
jimbo said:
Hi again Martin

A long time since I had a MM but you need a programmer interface which slips inside the MM when it's in the receiver. The programmer connects to a serial port. An alternative is shown in the following thread http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=5606

I don't know if the MM can be programmed via a lappie...don't think so. Most ppl seem to have changed their MM into a Matrix Reloaded with a CAS2 interface as it's considered to be more flexible. I prefer the dragon cam to be honest as it's easier to update and can open more channels with the Predator software.

I suggest you look around the threads to see what suits you best.

I know this may seem to be confusing to newcomers but there's a lot going on in this hobby and a lot to learn. You'll get there though. :)
You might be able to help actually, where can i get some good hex files for pred 1.8. Ive tried to update the loader software to pred220 using Elivis programmer and a FUn7 card. PPL said it would work i tried it and reloaded it but i did not get anything, it said it uploaded but i put it in the receiver and reloaded it thinking it would work but it dont, so dunno what to do.

Oh well any help will be wick on a stick

Cheers
MArtin

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Are you saying that you also have a Dragon CAM Martin?