Magic Modul continued .....

P

pmcmill

Hi All,
I tried adding to the previous thread twice today buy my posts don't show up . Hopefully I've not been banned already !!
Anyway , I was about to buy an Irdeto 5 in 1 CAM today when I came across this Magic thingy . Simple question really , would I be better off spending a little more and buying this CAM . I'm interested in Seca/Seca2 and Nagravision .
Thanks in advance.
Paul

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Must be down to local caching Paul, they seem to have found thir way on to my screen.

rolf

P

pmcmill

It's weird rolfw . I've cleaned out all my temp files etc. but I can still only see the post from verywiseguy . I'll try rebooting .
Paul

P

pmcmill

Hi Rolfw,
Still get the same problem and I´m using another PC . Oh , well not to worry . Hopefully someone will post back with some info .
Thanks
Paul

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Could be the cache at your ISP playing up, I've had similar problems on occasions, although not with this site.

Rolf

P

pmcmill

Hi Again,
During my digging around I found this abut programming my MM .

How to do:

1. put the module in SetTopBox (ST:cool:
STB-CI-Menue: DreamLoad (ready for upload) or:
select "Prepare for loading" and press OK
"YES - Activate loader" and press OK
(now: the old file in the module is deleted)
remove and re-insert the module
Now the module is in upload-mode

2. insert programmer into the module
(green LED = power), connect RS232-cable to PC comport 1 or 2

3. start loader-programm
select comport in menue "Settings"
press connect

4. load file *.mbf by clicking "Program module ..."
select file
upload begin

5. remove and re-insert the module

Does this mean I need a STB to fully program this device or can I just start from point 2 ??

Thanks

Paul

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes Paul, as the receiver powers the CAM I would guess that you will need to use step one as well.

rolf

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, providing it has a CI slot

Rolf