Magic Module & Humax CI-5100

Yammer1

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
UK
Hi Everyone

This is my first post to the forums. I've been browsing around for a while and have found loads of very useful info already. Thanks for that.

I'm still a newbie to the digital scene, only recently having taken the plunge and bought a Humax 5100 to replace my faithful old Amstrad SRD 400 that's been pointing at Astra 1 for the last decade or so.

So, on to my question(s) ;) I'm thinking of buying a Magic Module to fill up one of those temptingly empty slots in my shiny new receiver. Is the 1.03v Magic Module compatibile with the CI-5100 or do I need an earlier version? If it is compatible, can I then buy an official Ird2/Via2/Seca2 card and it will work with the MM?

If the MM's not compatible, do the new version 2 CAM's work with the 5100? I've only ever seen version 1 CAM's mentioned.

Cheers

Yammer1
Humax CI-5100, SF-1 LNB, pointing at 13E

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Yammer,

Though I did not try this combination myself, to the best of my knowledge,you are on the safe path with Humax 5100/ MM1.03. I have never come across any problems reported for this box/ MM combo. And, yes, it should work with official v.2 subscription cards.

You can try the following useful post by 2old Info on every CAM in existance to check whether the module has been tested for your particular provider's card (follow CI CAMs link).

Hint: before buying the module, ask the dealer to confirm what you asked here. If he does, but something goes wrong, he will have to accept the module back and refund the money ("supplied goods are not fit for purpose").

Good luck ;)

Yammer1

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
UK
Many thanks for your help Nickolai. Appreciated. I'll let you know how I get on with the MM when I buy one.

Yammer