Making use of my DM800 SE

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Hi,

I have had my DM800 HD se clone for sometime, but haven´t had time to use it until now. I currently have a few DM500S units so I can watch paid for card via an ethernet switch in more than one room. I also have a Foxsat HDR for watching and recording Freesat. I have not bothered with downloading a Sly EPG for the DM500S, but was wondering if I bought a Hard Drive for the DM800HD se (would like advice on best one, 1TB as a min), can I get an EPG that I can set recoding up on i.e one program, select via EPG and hit select. And is it possible that there is one that does a series link like a PVR?

Thanks.

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
Any 1TB as long as you try for a 5400rpm to keep heat and noise down, Setup OpenTV on the Crossepg setting this will give you 7 days guide for all the Sky channels and as you say you can just pick a program from the guide and set it to record. There is also a Series Link plugin which sorry to say i have had no dealings with but from what i have read it works quite well as long as the EPG is kept up to date.

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
You can also record over network and store the EPG on the network via a connected PC but I`ve found that to be rather unstable at times

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Thanks guys. Sounds good, any idea what the series link add in is called?