Manchester - Penta 85, TM-2600, Black Ultra LNB - need help with install

peapod1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Edision Mio 4k UHD, Fracarro Penta 85 with Inverto Black Ultra LNB. Technomate 2600 motor. Technomate 6902hd and 1m Gibertini in France.
My Location
Wiltshire UK and Bandol, France
I've now acquired the kit to replace my existing fixed dish set-up (t+k pole mounted 3.8m high), but I don't feel comfortable up a ladder at my age :-).

Anyone in south Manchester/Cheshire area able to assist with fixing/alignment and tuning? Upgrade to a Technomate 6900 will follow next.

Incidentally, I found that Grax are stocking the Inverto black ultra series in the UK (trade only though).

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Moved to installer wanted section.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
peapod1 said:
I've now acquired the kit to replace my existing fixed dish set-up (t+k pole mounted 3.8m high), but I don't feel comfortable up a ladder at my age :-).

Anyone in south Manchester/Cheshire area able to assist with fixing/alignment and tuning? Upgrade to a Technomate 6900 will follow next.

If it helps, our local hire centre is renting out a 4m self support scaffold tower for 30 quid a day. Everything fits into the boot of a hatchback.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Moved the LNB discussion posts to General section, not fair to hijack the original poster's thread.

superdirto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sct unicorn 1.5m
CM 1.2 ku
1.8 fortec c
Televes 100 cm
echostar 3000
TM1500ci+
My Location
lancashire
but I don't feel comfortable up a ladder at my age :-).

dont feel too bad about it I'm terrified of heights, with hindsight , radio engineer was probably not the best career choice then, the number of interviews I've walked out on, when the how are you at height question pops up.
some days I'm OK somedays all wibbly wobbly wasn't the right answer

in the end I gave up and bought a bungalow:)