Manhattan Plaza XT F OTA updates

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Not sure if this is in the right section but...

Can anyone point me to the transponder on Astra 19.2E which carries the OTA updates for Manhattan? Have scanned the sat a couple of times for data channels and tried to update without success.

Also, which is the strongest transponder on HellasSat? Can't get anything from this bird and although it may be the trees in the way:), I just want to prove it one way or the other.

Thanks

aikon0029

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CPU Intel® Pentium® 4 640 Prescott (3.20 Ghz)
Memory 1024 MB DDR RAM - (2x 512 MB - PC3200)
Motherboard ECS 915P-M3
Hard Drive 300GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA 6B300S0 Skystar 2 usb 1.1mtr steerable dish Manhattan XT[CM, Quali 1080ir
My Location
London [South East]
sonnetpete said:
Not sure if this is in the right section but...

Can anyone point me to the transponder on Astra 19.2E which carries the OTA updates for Manhattan? Have scanned the sat a couple of times for data channels and tried to update without success.

Also, which is the strongest transponder on HellasSat? Can't get anything from this bird and although it may be the trees in the way:), I just want to prove it one way or the other.

Thanks
Hi just noted your posting. Have also tried OTA updates, does not say anything on the Manhattan site about any paticular transponder to do this on. Just says that its not available to OTA on 13e now has to be done on 19e. I went thru the motions and it just says Download service Failed. It appears impossible to get hold of Manhattan, I have sent emails to their tech help, but they do not reply, so can only assume they are not interested in assisting purchasers of their sat boxes. As I assume you have an XT box as it is the only versions that can be OTA updated I wondered if you would be able to answer a tech question, if so, maybe you will kindly let me know and then I will message you if thats ok.

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

My Location
Normandy, France
Pleased I'm not the only one!! I find it annoying that not only are we supplied with duff information, but apparently we have no chance of contacting the manufacturer to complain or get support!! I bought the receiver because of it's excellent reviews, obviously Manhattan are happy to make an top product but not supply backup of the same calibre.

However, I am a newbie to the motorised sat scene and have only had the Manhattan since Xmas. But if you want to try me on a tech question - go ahead!!!

Pete

aikon0029

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motherboard ECS 915P-M3
Hard Drive 300GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA 6B300S0 Skystar 2 usb 1.1mtr steerable dish Manhattan XT[CM, Quali 1080ir
My Location
London [South East]
sonnetpete said:
Pleased I'm not the only one!! I find it annoying that not only are we supplied with duff information, but apparently we have no chance of contacting the manufacturer to complain or get support!! I bought the receiver because of it's excellent reviews, obviously Manhattan are happy to make an top product but not supply backup of the same calibre.

However, I am a newbie to the motorised sat scene and have only had the Manhattan since Xmas. But if you want to try me on a tech question - go ahead!!!

Pete
Hi thanks for reply, can I just ask you first before I give my question to you,do you know how to add a satellite on the XT ?

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Hi, yes I think so (at least the instructions seem quite clear about it!!) It's under the EDIT menu. Which sat were you wanting to add? The XT seems to have a very comprehensive list

Pete

aikon0029

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motherboard ECS 915P-M3
My Location
London [South East]
sonnetpete said:
Hi, yes I think so (at least the instructions seem quite clear about it!!) It's under the EDIT menu. Which sat were you wanting to add? The XT seems to have a very comprehensive list

Pete
Hi Pete, thanks for reply. I tried the instruction [ if I carried it out correctly] Under Sat/TP Edit ---Satellite Configuration Add, following instruction displaying keyboard, entering the sat name then pressing EXIT Name is Added at end of sat list so far so good. Enter sat position ok, but at the end of the sat position, ie 40.0 it shows W and I want E and for the life of me I cant see how change the W to E but even when I have added a sat and it has been a WEST position it only once appeared when I added 15W to the end of the sat list. I did not install my set up, the guy that installed my replacement dish [ not accessable by me ] programmed the receiver as he had a pro meter. This is my present Satellite list East 4.8, 7.0, 9.0, 10.0, 13.0, 16.0, 19.2,23.6, 26.0 28.2, 39.0,33.0, 42.0, WEST 0.8, 5.0, 7.0, 8.0, 12.0, 15.0, 18.0,27.5,30.0,43.0,45.0 Previously I had a Technomate receiver positioner with an 18 actuator but Diseqc is new to me so I am very unsure of everything. Anyway I hope I have not confused you too much with my explanation. Regards mike

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Manhattan is a brand name of Eurosat, a wholesaler. They do not have a manufacturing base except by contract to an outlet of their products in Korea.

This bunch

_http://www.korea.net/kois/magazine/pictorialKoreaView.asp?Html_no=258

_http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/receiver-software-international-section/1146-software-upgrade.html

You might be better off calling Eurosat to see about the satellite OTA upgrade

_http://www.eurosat.co.uk/contactus

Don't bother with the Manhattan site links

You could search this site for links to the previous set of machinery supported by them

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Not sure about the OTA service on 13E but if it was working and your software version matched their latest then nothing would happen.

Look at Darkman's site and you can check the latest s/w for XT and pick up a what's known as a softcam to update a few things rather than undertake a major s/w update. On the XTs when you carry out a major one you have to do a factory reset so it's as well to be prepared for that.

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Thanks for your help everyone - apparently the message you get should be that there isn't an upgrade available - we just get one saying download failed.

Mike - you use the page up page down key to alternate W/E. Took me a few days to figure out. I'm impressed by your sat list - If only we weren't surrounded by trees!!!

Pete

aikon0029

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motherboard ECS 915P-M3
My Location
London [South East]
sonnetpete said:
Thanks for your help everyone - apparently the message you get should be that there isn't an upgrade available - we just get one saying download failed.

Mike - you use the page up page down key to alternate W/E. Took me a few days to figure out. I'm impressed by your sat list - If only we weren't surrounded by trees!!!

Pete
I second the thanks to others for their replies. I will have a go with the page up and down Pete. Yes it is rather a good sat list, lots of interesting things to look for, but of course list can be larger if only I can master this adding problem. Shame about the tree poblem you have must be frustrating at times. Fortunately I live in a flat [top floor] my dish is on the roof and line of sight from 58W to 6oE. Will try to do an add today at sometime, and let you know the result, thanks for your time and patience. mike

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Lucky you Mike! Although we live in a detached house, in almost an acre of land, and our nearest (French) neighbour is about 500M away, the south facing wall of the house also overlooks our lawn which is lined by trees on three sides.

With the dish mounted at first floor window level, where I can access it for adjustments, I have a clear spot from about 30W to 30E. However, without severe tree surgery (who started planting leylandii??) that just about does for me. Until my OH changes her mind(!!!)I'll have to put up with the trees. Do you think a selective hurricane would be in order??

Pete

aikon0029

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motherboard ECS 915P-M3
My Location
London [South East]
sonnetpete said:
Lucky you Mike! Although we live in a detached house, in almost an acre of land, and our nearest (French) neighbour is about 500M away, the south facing wall of the house also overlooks our lawn which is lined by trees on three sides.

With the dish mounted at first floor window level, where I can access it for adjustments, I have a clear spot from about 30W to 30E. However, without severe tree surgery (who started planting leylandii??) that just about does for me. Until my OH changes her mind(!!!)I'll have to put up with the trees. Do you think a selective hurricane would be in order??

Pete
Too right, or maybe a quick trip with a chainsaw might do the trick

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Think she might notice after I'd used a chainsaw!!!!

aikon0029

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motherboard ECS 915P-M3
My Location
London [South East]
sonnetpete said:
Think she might notice after I'd used a chainsaw!!!!
Hi Pete, have tried the sat edit and its just impossible to change the W to E and vice versa with up and down keys changing freq is ok but the other thing is driving me up the wall, all it does when I try the up and down keys is to show the next satellite. I have have a lot of boxes, but this one is the most frustrating I have ever used. I think am going to have to find out on Monday who the top man is at Manhattan [ Eurosat] and write to them about their poor technical after service. I have found the only way to get companies to take notice is to create a fuss. It may work and it may not, but I have to try before I waste my £79 and bin the thing despite the blind search, and buy something that has a technical service that cares about its customers. mike:mad:

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Mike - I did manage to add a sat the other day. Are you trying to use the up/down (arrow) keys, surrounding the ok button? If so, I think you need the page up/page down buttons, on the left of the FAV and SAT keys. This certainly worked both for setting up my LAT/LONG and adding a W sat.

I wish you luck with Eurosat, however are we the only ones on this forum with Manhattan receivers who can't get an OTA upgrade? Has anyone managed this since it was changed onto Astra19.2?

aikon0029

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motherboard ECS 915P-M3
My Location
London [South East]
sonnetpete said:
Mike - I did manage to add a sat the other day. Are you trying to use the up/down (arrow) keys, surrounding the ok button? If so, I think you need the page up/page down buttons, on the left of the FAV and SAT keys. This certainly worked both for setting up my LAT/LONG and adding a W sat.

I wish you luck with Eurosat, however are we the only ones on this forum with Manhattan receivers who can't get an OTA upgrade? Has anyone managed this since it was changed onto Astra19.2?
Hey Pete, Pays to keep trying I have not tried this yet, but sending you a PM

aikon0029

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motherboard ECS 915P-M3
My Location
London [South East]
sonnetpete said:

Pete, it pays to keep on at them,Success Plaza-XT series Over The Air Download
First ensure that your dish is pointing to Astra 1E/1F/1G 19.2E

Press MENU and go to INSTALL
Go to Data Download and enter your password. Default password is 0000
Go to OTA Upgrade (press OK)
Go to Satellite and select Astra 1E/1F/1G
Go to Freq and enter 12603
Go to Polarity and check it is H
Go to Symbol Rate and enter 22000
Go to Load PID and enter 1224
Now check that signal and quality are present then press blue button to start download.
During download, it will display a message ‘’Download Found, Press OK to Continue’’ Select Yes.

It may take upto 15 minutes to download the complete software. After download has finished, the box will reboot automatically.

NOTE: After upgrade it is essential to perform Factory Reset in the Master Reset menu.
Pete: please note I have not got around trying this yet but its staight from the horses mouth mike:):):)

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Thanks Mike, I'm tempted to try this tonight - was thinking of deleting channels anyway. I seem to be getting swamping from other more powerful sats and I recently realigned the mount and dish, so need to check again before some more fine tuning!! (I think the swamping is due to the poor quality 60cm oval dish)

Take it the horses mouth was Eurosat??

BTW, as an avid (for my sins) Newcastle supporter, how did you get your Charlton logo onto your profile?? Would like to do similar, though perhaps I should keep my affinities quiet!!!

Pete

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
LOL - I only asked - didn't expect it to be done for me - thanks very much

Anyway - have completed OTA upgrade - took less than 10 mins - but of course having to rescan a lot of sats and set up the box again. Haven't had time to go through and find out just what difference the upgrade has made.

But Mike - yes it does work, thanks for your work!! Don't envy you rescanning all those sats of yours!

Pete

aikon0029

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motherboard ECS 915P-M3
My Location
London [South East]
sonnetpete said:
Thanks Mike, I'm tempted to try this tonight - was thinking of deleting channels anyway. I seem to be getting swamping from other more powerful sats and I recently realigned the mount and dish, so need to check again before some more fine tuning!! (I think the swamping is due to the poor quality 60cm oval dish)

Take it the horses mouth was Eurosat??

BTW, as an avid (for my sins) Newcastle supporter, how did you get your Charlton logo onto your profile?? Would like to do similar, though perhaps I should keep my affinities quiet!!!

Pete
Pete you have the NCU logo already its on your msges. However if you want to see all the Avatars[ Newcastles is on page 19] go to User Control Panel on LH Side you will see Your Control Panel. Go to Edit Avatar scroll down and you find list thousands of Pre-defined Avatars No dont bother about keeping your affinities quiet, I mean look where my team, in very deep poo poo. mike:-rofl2