Press MENU and go to INSTALL
Go to Data Download and enter your password. Default password is 0000
Go to OTA Upgrade (press OK)
Go to Satellite and select Astra 1E/1F/1G
Go to Freq and enter 12603
Go to Polarity and check it is H
Go to Symbol Rate and enter 22000
Go to Load PID and enter 1224
Now check that signal and quality are present then press blue button to start download.
During download, it will display a message ‘’Download Found, Press OK to Continue’’ Select Yes.

It may take upto 15 minutes to download the complete software. After download has finished, the box will reboot automatically.

NOTE: After upgrade it is essential to perform Factory Reset in the Master Reset menu.
Pete: please note I have not got around trying this yet but its staight from the horses mouth mike:):):)

Maybe it worked before, but I just tried this now and my face still looks like :mad:

I've also tried the serial cable and can't get it to work.
the manual says
1 - 4
2 - 3
3 - 2
4 - 1

but the download adds this as well.
5 - 5
Tried both, neither work

Maybe it is my understanding of cables , but as I look at the "face" of the female 9 pin connector, pin 1 is top right, pin 5 is top left?

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Hi,

Sorry, can't really help much. I've never tried to update via a serial cable, but I'm sure someone on here will help. I no longer use the Manhattan, as I upgraded to a Vantage HD receiver. If you think you have problems with the Manhattan don't go on to a Vantage!! If Manhattan ever release an HD receiver I will be ordering one. By the way, I can't get the Vantage to update OTA either. Seems the most unreliable way of doing it. Fortunately it has a USB slot and can be updated that way.

Pete

tea drinker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Goldvision FTA surprise
Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
Rabat, Morocco
Well I got the serial upgrade done, I was missing the step about powering off and connecting as soon as power is applied.
Still no bleedin MBC channels like I had before on the old Goldvision. So the Goldvision stays in service till I can figure this out.