Manhatttan H-H Motor

ultimate

Reaction score
just read ur thread by random thought id ask / suggest this to you, i havent seen your dish or motor but i presume there is somewhere the dish attaches to the motor which is the moving part, have you tried spraying this area and motor with WD-40 as it will drive out moisture and lubricate the motor if it is stuck i had a similar problem with a motor before and it bought it back to life.

canine

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon and PC
My Location
East Hampshire - UK
Very interesting! I have a similar Manhatton motor that has become 'stuck'. It is stuck on one of the Astra satellites and refuses to move when I key in a channel on a different satellite. I receive clear vision and audio on the Astra satellite. Does this mean that the necessary signal is getting to the motor? I've tried the 'manual' move in the Triple Dragon menu but the dish will not move in either direction. Eurosat.com have suggested in an e-mail that I should consult an installer but I'm trying to avoid this. Haven't tried WD40 yet!
canine.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Does it have manual East/West buttons on the motor?

canine

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon and PC
My Location
East Hampshire - UK
Eureka it works! A generous squirt of WD40 did the trick. Hope that will work for others experiencing the same problem.
canine.

canine

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon and PC
My Location
East Hampshire - UK
My joy was short lived as the dish is again stuck pointing at a single satellite.
WD40 was not a long term solution!
canine.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Time to replace. Do you know what model of motor it is? :)