Maplin satellite suitcase help

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
well my mate recons they should be on baout 50% without a signal and goes up when you get a signal but i cannot remember what it was on when i had it set up before.

and i agree the cable isnt very good it bends alot and can easilly damage the copper inside, its not very good i have to admit but ill try again tomorrow to get a signal

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Sharkadder said:
well my mate recons they should be on baout 50% without a signal and goes up when you get a signal but i cannot remember what it was on when i had it set up before.

and i agree the cable isnt very good it bends alot and can easilly damage the copper inside, its not very good i have to admit but ill try again tomorrow to get a signal

It depends on which version box you have, my original portable kit box (PortyII) said 75% strength, and my more recent SL-65 says about 40% off-satellite. They're odd boxes which can be very confusing, but the thing is that the signal meters are there only as a guide, it's usually better to have a seperate meter to find satellites (and once you get used to aligning the dish you'll no longer need the meter as it's like riding a bike)... :)

As for the cable, I still haven't thought of a use for it, might be ok for aerials as anything greater than bog-standard 75ohm seems to do well for aerial signals... :D

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
so whats best cable to get for a satellite system because im told somewhere in town i can cut what i need off for 30p a meter which ill go next time im in town, ill get about 20 meters of the stuff

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Sharkadder said:
so whats best cable to get for a satellite system because im told somewhere in town i can cut what i need off for 30p a meter which ill go next time im in town, ill get about 20 meters of the stuff

WF100 seems to be popular, personally I have CT100 and some unknown former cableTV install cable... :D