matrix cam help

LES BARROW

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
My Location
WARRINGTON
please will somebody tell me where and how to program a marix cam I have just got it asked the man for help he said he had no idea so i need help as i am totaly new to this game:confused

guiri

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester, UK
Les

Put the CAM in your receiver, and go to the CAM menu. What does it say in the menu? At least we'll know what type of matrix cam it is and what firmware is on it at the moment.

LES BARROW

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
My Location
WARRINGTON
Hi The Cam Menu Says Ucas V3.0 Is This What You Asked for where do we go from here:)

guiri

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester, UK
That's a good start - it means the cam has no firmware loaded on it - you'll see people make reference to things like MR 1.071 where 1.071 is the firmware revision. Yours doesn't have anything loaded at the moment (UCAS V3.0 is the virgin state).

You mentioned in the other thread that you have a cable to connect to your computer with the CAM. Is this a separate board you slide into the CAM, or is it something you plug the CAM into? (Need to know what you have potentially to program the cam).

LES BARROW

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
My Location
WARRINGTON
hi thanks for the info the cable goes from the card to ths computer the cam is seperate it looks as tho you program the card then put it in the cam and put the cam in the box one thing I do know is it knows the cam hope this is ok

LES BARROW

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
My Location
WARRINGTON
hi thanks for the info the picture is the right sort of thing but the cir is different to mine on the bottom of mine is a number twp1.0 it is a twin programmer the scocket is at the top and the brass contacts at the end there is 8 in all

guiri

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester, UK
Les

What you have is a loader board. It doesn't have any memory itself, but allows the computer to talk to the CAM via the smart card contacts. In this way, you can download firmware from your computer to the matrix reloaded.

I have a clanzer board, but I guess there are other makes. Some are only suitable for magic modules rather than the matrix reloaded. The fact that yours says twin on it might mean it does both jobs. Does it have any links on it you can set by hand, or is it just the chip and some LEDs? If it does have links, you should set it to the matrix mode, not the magic mode.

Anyway, there are instructions on using a loader board at:
http://www.matrixcam.com/serial.htm

When you follow the instructions, instead of the loaderV2_1.upd, you use a .upd file of the firmware you want (note that you cannot use a .bin file). Make sure that you select the correct serial COM port.

Because you already have an aston cam for italia, I recommend you use MR 1.081. You'll be able to use a titanium card programmed with conax in the MR cam at the same time as well.

The MR1.081 file is on toecutters. Navigate to:
>>>>> >>>> >>> FILE SUPPORT SECTION <<< <<<<< <<<<<
> >>>>>>GENE®@L<<<<<<
MatriX Reloaded - updates

And get the zip file for MR1.081 - as I said earlier, you use the .upd file for serial update method.

(The MR1.10 firmware is completely unofficial, and I'm not using it)

Regards

LES BARROW

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
My Location
WARRINGTON
Hi Thanks For The Info It Is Just What I Need But I Have A Problem The Computer IS In The Back Room And The Box IS In The Front Room. Is There Any New Files For Saca2 Tit Card Aston Cam As Mine Is Not Working Or Am I Loading The Wrong Files? is there any other way to get the soft wear for my cam apart from running a cable from my computer in one room and my sat box in another?

LES BARROW

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
My Location
WARRINGTON
HI TWO THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW PLEASE ONE IS IS THERE ANY NEW FILE FOR THE SACA 2 TIT CARD ASTON CAM? AND THE SECOND ONE IS HOW DO YOU DELETE OLD THREADS? :confused