Matrix ReLoaded .... please help me understand it

war head

Reaction score
Yesterday I received the MR with Infinity USB Phoenix programmer & 2 Fun Card 6. My system is Echostar 2110 2Ci Viaccess, fixed dish with a monoblock LNB receiving Astra & HotBird. The version of the MR is 1.055. Do i need to update anything at all with these cards yet or does it just unscramble the channels by itself. I don't know which ones its meant to do, you see. It does some of them, but if there's more software out there to add for a better range of entertainment, that would be great.

Is there a link you could kindly give me to find this info out.

Also is there any way of setting it up so i can still use my Free-X TV CAM, it doesn't work when the MR is in the other slot.

Cheers guys, keep up the good work, and... :) happy viewing :p .

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Well for starters MR 1060 is now available, which seems to clear faster!....so the next thing to ask is what do you know and what can you do?

war head

Reaction score
Not sure ... i'm no computer whizz kid that's for certain! i have downloaded the instructions from Dugwati Satinfo on how to use my programmer, now i have to get the relevant files off the internet into the cards? This is all new territory for me but i'm a fast learner.

Any suggestions?

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Ok forget about the USB part m8.....just download the latest MR file 1060 from here (not update) http://www.matrixcam.com/download.htm come back to me when you have then I will explain further

war head

Reaction score
OK....mr1060.zip download complete

where do we go from here m8

what a helpful chap

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Next step when you explore the file with zip (for fun 6 cards) you will see 3 files...2 of 1024 ans 1 of Uload flash.....extract them to e.g my documents

war head

Reaction score
like i said im no computer whizz kid but i think ive identified these two of 1024 and the uload flash. please be gentle with me waverider im new to this .....

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
war head said:
ok, i will try this

Dont take to long m8 as I have had a drink and will be going to bed soon.....otherwise I will have to finish this off tomorrow!

war head

Reaction score
ok sorry!

lets leave it till 2moro when the rooms stopped spinnin round

thanks for gettin me this far

all the best

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Well the next stage m8 is to number your fun cards 1&2 with a felt tip!....place 1 in the progger and detect it......erase the EEprom....do this to both cards!

war head

Reaction score
Cheers mate, i am now upgraded to MR1.060, i got the hang of programming it with the cards, piece of piss really once a hardened expert like yourself has talked me through the basics.

What happens now, do i just leave the cam in and see what it descrambles, or are there other codes i can load onto a card and leave it in the slot to get more channels? :D

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Nope...not that quick m8! first without any cards or cams inserted in your top box select a FTA channel on any satellite.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Once you have found a FTA channel then switch off your STB then insert the cam and swith the STB back on......

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Next click on this link http://www.matrixcam.com/matrixreloaded.htm scroll down to 'Smart card download procedure' and follow the steps....and away you go!....one other thing 'Ticket' on Sirius 5'E can be viewed with a fun 6 card in the cam with the right files!

war head

Reaction score
Yes thats what i did, sorry, i jumped a few steps ahead with your skilled guidance & tuition. Guess what though. It worked better in my echostar 2110 2ci vi at the previous MR software version, problems now decoding when changing between channels ha ha ha.
Did i ought to upgrade software in receiver, version 700 at present, if so, OTA update keeps failing, what serial cable do i need, it must be female to female and wired correctly,theres that many.

also when the free - x tv cam is in the other slot (whichever, 1 or 2 ) , the matrix dont initialize, just the free x decodes.

Is there any way to solve my seemingly insurmountable problems.........?

silvernet

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
UK
war head;

i have updated an Echostar 2110 2CI Via over the air from 700 to 900, it is very slow, takes about 15/20 mins.

Silvernet

war head

Reaction score
yes ive managed to do mine today, these echostar menus are a nightmare until you get the hang of them, you have to give it OK,OK,OK,OK,OK,OK on everything until the fukk*z will work; most frustrating. Still dont work properly with Matrix Reloaded 1.06 though or a free-x tv zeta cam in the other slot, ha ha ha

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
@ war head...It's always a good idea to keep a look for the latest receiver firmware on their official sites m8....also worth mentioning MR does not clear Ticket 1 & 2 on 5'E...but a fun 6 with the right files inserted in the MR does!