Matrix Rev via pcmcia

I understand that I can use a laptop to program the matrix rev. If so could someone point me in the right direction on how to get started.

Thanks

mikey1971 said:
I understand that I can use a laptop to program the matrix rev. If so could someone point me in the right direction on how to get started.

Thanks
I just do it and it works, go to this link and every thing is explained

http://www.matrixcam.com/laptop.htm

In the step 17 you will need this file "2.14.upd", you can find this file in this link

http://www.croteam-sat.org/aploud/i...6f52e0833e48daf

Enjoy, TPS(all channels, multivision 1...7 too) is OK, polsat ok, tv cabo ok.

Be warned!!! some laptops do and some do not.
If it does not work then give up and stick to funcard or cas as you can spend months trying!!

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Laptop (compaq evo 610c) still dosn't detect card even with the new drivers. So i have given up and ordered a cas2 programmer. Seems to be one of the best around from what I have read.

Laptop is the faster way to update a MR, only few seconds for a full flash, but I was able to do that only under win98se (no way with xp), and not all PCMCIA contoler work...
I try on a lot of laptop, only non-cardbus work fine in my case.

If you can recycle an old pentium pro laptop, this would be the better way.

Hi!

I am able to program my MR usign laptop and it is really fastest way that I know. But I have some question. I would like to reprogram my MR (1.14) to MRv(2.15). Can I do this using laptop and proper upd file? Will be possible downgrade later MRv to MR without CAS interface?

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You should be able to, it is just that the version you mention removes card support, so it cannot be returned using funcards.

hi every one pls i programed my MR by fun 5 its good works i , so it cannot be returned using funcards .dont have cas2 .please what to do .

RyokoFanUK

u can install the dreammagic.inf on a desktop PCMCIA, i did it, and so many others... should be really easy to install - worked first time for me.