Matrix revolutions and official cards.

blackninja

Reaction score
Had my MRev for a couple days now and pretty impressed with the results so far. Partly plumped for Revolutions over Reloaded because it supposedly works better with cards inserted.

My question is: Does the MRev work well with official cards? I'm about to sell my FreeCam (getting some good prices in Europe I've noticed), and possibly my Aston Cam also, on EBay, but if I suddenly got some money and decided to buy an official Seca 2/Irdeto 2 card would my MRev suffice?

Also if I chose to buy one of these Digitalb Conax cards when the season starts again in August would my MRev work with these cards? I'm guessing the FreeCam doesn't work with Digitalb.

Finally with my MRev currently clearing TPS (inc. Spice) and the remaining Sky Italia channels on it's own (with the new firmware) is there any point in me keeping my Opos Card? I've heard rumours of Nagra 2 and Canal+ France Seca on Opos but wouldn't the MRev keep up with Opos (only on it's own) if not do more? At the moment it seems to be considerably better than my FreeCam/Opos combo.

Sorry for all the questions. Hope you can be of some help.

najali

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 2200 2CI
matrix revolutions 2.X
pay attention , mrev dont work with any card ,if you want to use a card u need to downgrade to mreloaded or penta

alay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5300
88 motor dish
Yes, i beleive the card slot in mrev may be for the dummy card, for direct programming ?