Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar D-2400IP Receiver + LNB 0.2 + Motor

Matrix Revolutions CAM
Duolabs Cas Interface 3 Programmable unit + CAS Interface v7 Program
My Location
UK
Hi all,

Its good to be a new member of this forum, which I hope to post for a long time to come! Im an absolute newbie to the sat world, so please bear with me.

This might sound like a dumb question, but I have a Matrix Revoulutions CAM card with my echostar d-2400IP (motorised) and was wondering something about the CAM card. I recently bought a duolabs cas interface 3 unit (US:cool: and I use it with Cas Interface 7 to program the card.

The question I have is that do I have to also have a Smartcard IN the Matrix Revolutions CAM in order for it to work and unlock my channels across sats such as Hotbird & Astra? Because it seems to me after doing some research, that you HAVE to HAVE a card IN the CAM slot in order for it to work - is this right?

Ok, second question:

My echostar unit was working perfectly last night (without having put the card in), then this AM, I put my programmed CAM card into module 1, and then when switching the satellite receiver on again, it gave the 'no signal' sign - basically not showing ANY channels whatsoever??

Any assistance on both of these queries would be really appreciated!

Many thanks,

H:(

good2talk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nothing at the moment until I find a receiver.
My Location
yookay
It seems a connection problem. Remove the F connector and reconnect it. If necessary switch off your receiver and switch it on after few minutes. Good luck!

hAssAn_2400IP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

Matrix Revolutions CAM
My Location
UK
Ok, firstly whats an F Connector?

Let me know please!

H

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
The connector is the plug that connects the LNB to your receiver. Does the receiver work OK without the CAM plugged in?

Get an updated .bin file to program your cam with the CAS from one of the file sites (Satdudez etc.)

You may need to enter new keys for some providers (via the CAM menu.)

Llew

hAssAn_2400IP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

Matrix Revolutions CAM
My Location
UK
Ok, here is the situation. When i downloaded a matrix revolutions file named 'mrb312.bin' and programmed it into the CAM card using cas interface 7, I then placed it in module 1 of the echostar receiver box.

What then happens is that the receiver box doesnt even work!!!! I have to take the CAM card out of the receiver box and then and only then does the receiver box work again and give channels that were previously there (not encrypted of course).

So, the question is why is this happening and secondly, all i want to do is program my CAM card with my duolabs unit and cas interface 7 program in order to receive the channels that are currently encrypted on HOTBIRD & ASTRA etc..

Could someone please help me on this as Im really dying to receive these channels!

Many thanks,

H:)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You do realise many of the compromised packages on 13E & 19E are currently secure again dont you! :D

They come and go from week to week, but this particular time is pretty bleak.

If the receiver works without the matrix in it then you have done something bad to the matrix.

hAssAn_2400IP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

Matrix Revolutions CAM
My Location
UK
Done something bleak to the CAM card? How, I recently erased the CAM card first, then added a D+ cabo .bin file and then placed the card into the receiver and now all the channels that are unencrypted are now working fine..

Look, I have a motorised sat with access to sats such as nilesat // astra // hotbird // eutel // etc and all i want to do is now find the correct .bin files // keys etc in order to program them onto my MATRIX REVOLUTIONS CAM CARD...

Also, do I need to add so called keys to the cam card, if so how can i do this, where do i get hold of these keys and do i use cas interface 7 for this or program it in the echostar settings for the module card?

Can anyone tell me whether this is possible, or whether im barking up the wrong tree to try to unlock these encrypted channels??!?

MAny thanks,
H:)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Which packages are you trying to open? You can forget anything on Nilesat in Irdeto-2 for starters - its totally secure.

D+ and Cabo are currently shut out too, although they could open up again at any time..

hAssAn_2400IP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

Matrix Revolutions CAM
My Location
UK
I would say that im trying to open as many channels on Hotbird & Astra as possible. For instance, to be able to watch some movie channels etc???

Could you maybe assist me in directing me to the right files and also whether my matrix revolutions cam card will actually be able to unlock some of these channels?

Im a total newbie to this, so any directions to step by step guides as what i need to do exactly would be excellent.

Many thanks,
H

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Most of 13E and 19E is shut out at the moment, so you are going to have to make do with the fta stuff.

Premiere on 19E may still be open, the Swiss stuff on 13E should still be open as well, but thats about it.

Cant help with files for the Matrix as Ive never used one.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Some receivers will not work with the MR and Magic Cams, owing to the current they draw from the receiver power supply

Did it work when you first got it ?

hAssAn_2400IP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

Matrix Revolutions CAM
My Location
UK
The first time I placed the card in the box, the signal went dead for all channels......

Therefore, can anyone tell me whether the Matrix Revolutions CAM card works with the echostar d-2400ip??

Many thanks,

H

terryashbyash

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skybox F3 for fta/28.2E
inverto black ultra lnb
1m offset
My Location
Gandia, Spain
In answer to the cam question as far as I am aware with MRel/Mrev/Mrb no card is needed in cam to unlock channels but a seperate card programmer may be for opos funcard etc

eghamhigh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 808 2CI
Matrix Reloaded Cam
Fixed dish 13E
My Location
Surrey/Berks Border
With the Matrix Reloaded cam, the satellite receiver should be set to an FTA channel before the cam is inserted. Perhaps it is the same with the Matrix Revolutions.

italianp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.5m Dish,0.8db universal LNB,Manhattan ST-450 receiver 2CI, HH 18'' motor
My Location
italy
Hallo everyone!
I bought yesterday a Matrix Reloaded CAM with UCAS 3.0 firmware on board.
I tried the standard procedure mentioned in this forum but it didn' t work out so now i have some question in mind.
Do i need to programe this CAM with an other software to get some channels?
Can I put new software in the CAM using the RS232 cable connected from the PC to the satellite receiver (manhattan 350)
or I need a card programmer and / or a fun CARD.
But the main question is:
Witch channels can I get with this CAM today ? (from the satellites 12.5West to 53 east)

I think that the list i saw in the previous post are too much old now.

Thanks

eghamhigh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 808 2CI
Matrix Reloaded Cam
Fixed dish 13E
My Location
Surrey/Berks Border
You should start a new thread if you have a new question. If you are using a laptop and the PMCIA slot then not all laptops work. My Sony Vaio with Windows 98 does not work. I had to buy a PCI card and fit it in my PC, it works fine with these instructions
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=9384