Matrix Revolutions Cam problem

T-E-E-N-A

Regular Member
Messages
144
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
#1
I'm having problems with my Matrix revolutions cam at the moment. It has just stopped storing the keys properly, I'd get roughly 20 seconds of the programme and then it goes blank. When I go into the setup screen, the keys have reverted back to the old ones. I then input the keys via remote and everything is fine again for 20 seconds. How come it just happened? I'm baffled. Any help would be much appreciated. By the way, when I bought it, it was supposed to have MRV 2.25 installed, but on the setup screen it says MRV 2.24. It is only 2 and a half months old.
 

john_graydon

Specialist Contributor
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#2
T-E-E-N-A said:
I'm having problems with my Matrix revolutions cam at the moment. It has just stopped storing the keys properly, I'd get roughly 20 seconds of the programme and then it goes blank. When I go into the setup screen, the keys have reverted back to the old ones. I then input the keys via remote and everything is fine again for 20 seconds. How come it just happened? I'm baffled. Any help would be much appreciated. By the way, when I bought it, it was supposed to have MRV 2.25 installed, but on the setup screen it says MRV 2.24. It is only 2 and a half months old.
It just probally needs to be updated. Would`nt say its broken. Have you got a cas programmer to update it to 225. Remote should update the keys for you maybe your not saving the input keys. Just a thought maybe someone will let you know tomorrow as I just usually use the cas 2 to programme the cam myself.
 

T-E-E-N-A

Regular Member
Messages
144
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
#3
Hi John, I haven't got myself a Cas 2 programmer at the moment. The whole idea of doing it myself frightens me. There is a guy on Ebay who does it for you for £9.99. I was going to try him at first.


When I input the keys and it says press OK to save (GBsat 2CI0) I do all that. It seems to be saving the keys, but they don't work for very long. Although it does seem to change the first 2 digits (e.g. When I change it to EA, it changes to E9. I know you aren't allowed to post keys, but this isn't really a key. :) ) This morning I actually got a film to work and it cut off 55 mins into it, was I mad?
 

T-E-E-N-A

Regular Member
Messages
144
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
#4
I downloaded the UCAS v1.3 loader today on my laptop and installed mrv 2.25. Although it says the Cam has 2.25 installed, I still have the same problem with my channels.
 

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Messages
502
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
#5
don't know if its the same with a CAM, but have you tried deleting all the keys and putting them in again. this works with my receiver when things are scr3wing up. also what works well for freezing up on my box is turning it off for a good 20 secs. like from the plug, not remote.... i guess the CAM has been on & off since its been in & out of your laptop, but has the receiver?

-cts
 

T-E-E-N-A

Regular Member
Messages
144
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
#6
closetosoton said:
don't know if its the same with a CAM, but have you tried deleting all the keys and putting them in again. this works with my receiver when things are scr3wing up. also what works well for freezing up on my box is turning it off for a good 20 secs. like from the plug, not remote.... i guess the CAM has been on & off since its been in & out of your laptop, but has the receiver?

-cts

Thanks for trying to help Closetosoton, but I've tried all that, the cam just doesn't want to store the first 2 digits of the key, it changes them everytime.
 

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Messages
502
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
#7
sorry, i'm no CAM expert - one more question, do you have to enter keys in hex or decimal - i.e. for example hex 9000 (commonly represented as 0x9000 in the computer world) is in fact 36864 in decimal - hey presto an extra digit. sorry if you know all this....

-cts
 

T-E-E-N-A

Regular Member
Messages
144
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
#8
closetosoton said:
sorry, i'm no CAM expert - one more question, do you have to enter keys in hex or decimal - i.e. for example hex 9000 (commonly represented as 0x9000 in the computer world) is in fact 36864 in decimal - hey presto an extra digit. sorry if you know all this....

-cts
I enter them in Dec, 3 digits everytime. I'm no Cam expert myself, but I've came a long way since finding this forum. :cool:
 

T-E-E-N-A

Regular Member
Messages
144
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
#9
I'm wondering does it have something to do with TV Cabo, is anyone else having this problem? Now that the cam is updated to 2.25, is there anything else you have to do with it apart from inputing the keys?
 

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Messages
21,719
Likes
3,309
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
#10
I'm sorry I feel for you, I wish I could help you but I have to claim a Manuel on this subject, cos I really know nothing... I'm sure someone will answer you soon enough, the board is quite quiet this week, must be 'cos everone's gone back to school lol :-doh!
 

T-E-E-N-A

Regular Member
Messages
144
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
#11
toppervte33h said:
I'm sorry I feel for you, I wish I could help you but I have to claim a Manuel on this subject, cos I really know nothing... I'm sure someone will answer you soon enough, the board is quite quiet this week, must be 'cos everone's gone back to school lol :-doh!

LMAO Toppervte33h, thanx anyway, that's very true, I'm probably getting advice from kids half my age.
 

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Messages
14,464
Likes
3,403
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
#12
T-E-E-N-A said:
I'm wondering does it have something to do with TV Cabo, is anyone else having this problem? Now that the cam is updated to 2.25, is there anything else you have to do with it apart from inputing the keys?
Didn't think you could clear TV Cabo on MR225. If you are still on the MR224 version (you mentioned earlier that this might be the case) I believe it may clear TV Cabo with updated keys but not for long

Should still be OK on Mediapark though.

Llew
 

T-E-E-N-A

Regular Member
Messages
144
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
#13
Llew said:
Didn't think you could clear TV Cabo on MR225. If you are still on the MR224 version (you mentioned earlier that this might be the case) I believe it may clear TV Cabo with updated keys but not for long

Should still be OK on Mediapark though.

Llew

When I updated to MRV 2.25 it was the same, it would clear for 20 secs or so and the picture would freeze, I put it back to 2.24 and no change, but as you say Llew, it wouldn't have been for long, I thought I would get to the end of the month, but obviously not. I was getting attached to TV Cabo. Who knows what the future may bring. If I could just get Fox and Fox life, I would be happy.


Mediapark does clear for now anyway.
 

john_graydon

Specialist Contributor
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#14
T-E-E-N-A said:
When I updated to MRV 2.25 it was the same, it would clear for 20 secs or so and the picture would freeze, I put it back to 2.24 and no change, but as you say Llew, it wouldn't have been for long, I thought I would get to the end of the month, but obviously not. I was getting attached to TV Cabo. Who knows what the future may bring. If I could just get Fox and Fox life, I would be happy.


Mediapark does clear for now anyway.
Hi Again Teena
I upgraded my Matrix reloaded to Matrix rev a montha ago because i was boared. Working when i done it. M Rev 224 as I remember. I will update it with 225 to see whats opening with it. What do you want to view so I can check for you.
 

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Messages
25,137
Likes
5,600
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
#15
I dont think 2.25 offers anything over 2.24, including Cabo. Its not an 'official' release, but is supposed to auto update on the TPS French stuff.
 

T-E-E-N-A

Regular Member
Messages
144
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
#16
john_graydon said:
Hi Again Teena
I upgraded my Matrix reloaded to Matrix rev a montha ago because i was boared. Working when i done it. M Rev 224 as I remember. I will update it with 225 to see whats opening with it. What do you want to view so I can check for you.
Hi John, thanks for that, basically what I want to view is Fox and Foxlife on Tv Cabo on Hispasat, any other channels on Cabo would be a bonus. I tried Mediapark earlier and it opens ok, but I wasn't at all impressed. Cabo is definitely my fave, but saying that beggars can't be choosers. LOL

Just to make clear, I updated from MRV 2.24 to 2.25 and I had exactly the same probs. When I enter the new key, I get less than 30 seconds viewing and the screen freezes. When I go back into the key the first 2 digits have changed on 00 from EA to E9. I could only get Fox and Foxlife this way, nothing else opens.
 

john_graydon

Specialist Contributor
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#17
T-E-E-N-A said:
Hi John, thanks for that, basically what I want to view is Fox and Foxlife on Tv Cabo on Hispasat, any other channels on Cabo would be a bonus. I tried Mediapark earlier and it opens ok, but I wasn't at all impressed. Cabo is definitely my fave, but saying that beggars can't be choosers. LOL

Just to make clear, I updated from MRV 2.24 to 2.25 and I had exactly the same probs. When I enter the new key, I get less than 30 seconds viewing and the screen freezes. When I go back into the key the first 2 digits have changed on 00 from EA to E9. I could only get Fox and Foxlife this way, nothing else opens.

Ok will have a look for you. Will have to get it to initalise in the dreambox 1st. When I have any info for you I will let you know.
 

T-E-E-N-A

Regular Member
Messages
144
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
#18
Thanks John :-mamster
 

john_graydon

Specialist Contributor
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#19
T-E-E-N-A said:
Thanks John :-mamster
No Joy Teena. Upgraded to mrv 2.25 no fox opening with mrv only with dreambox.
Video on demand now gone on dreambox as well but C+ still & Taquilla open.
 

T-E-E-N-A

Regular Member
Messages
144
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
#20
john_graydon said:
No Joy Teena. Upgraded to mrv 2.25 no fox opening with mrv only with dreambox.
Video on demand now gone on dreambox as well but C+ still & Taquilla open.

Hi John, thanks for trying for me. I've been playing with this cam all day. Firstly I put it back to Mrv 2.24, same probs and Mediapark wouldn't open. I then updated to Mrv 2.25 and Mediapark was fine again. I then went to the Cam setup screen and went to the Blocker option and changed the Nagravision EMU autoupdate to off. It seems to be holding the keys ok, so Fox and Foxlife are working fine. Although all the other channels have gone, Taquilla never opened anyway. At least for now I have Fox, so I'm happy enough. At least I can watch Lost (Perdidos) and Rescue me.

I was looking on a website and found a TV Cabo receiver and subscription card for £510. A lot of money. I'm still dreaming of getting a dreambox 7020s. So lets hope the lottery comes through. ;)
 
Top