Maximus Programmer

ocean_rider

Reaction score
Hi All ,I Have a Maximus programmer v 1.04 which I bought a few years ago from Mrpcb. I need to replace the 16 pin Ic - but the numbers have been erased from the chip. Does anyone know what this Ic is,or where a schematic diagram can be obtained? Many thanks

SMEGIAN

Reaction score
My Location
North West England
I had a similar fault, What is needed is a hex inverter, I do not know the original part number but I used a 4069UBE. I also used a socket in case I blew it up again.;)

ocean_rider

Reaction score
Cheers m8 , thanks for the info regarding the 4069 hex inverter,I checked these out - but they are only 14 pin chips, mine is 16 pin

SMEGIAN

Reaction score
My Location
North West England
ocean_rider said:
Cheers m8 , thanks for the info regarding the 4069 hex inverter,I checked these out - but they are only 14 pin chips, mine is 16 pin

Sorry, correction, it's a 4049UBE

ocean_rider

Reaction score
Thanks for the updated info regarding the 4049ube. Could you tell me where you got yours as I have tried locally and also a few of my suppliers ,none of them have the ube version only the standard buffered 4049
Thanks

SMEGIAN

Reaction score
My Location
North West England
The UBE spec may not be crucial, it was just what I found in my cmos/ttl chip collection, probably from Farnell/CPC or RS components. The main thing is that it makes a reliable oscillator using the ceramic resonators of 6 and 3.58 MHz, if you use a socket it won't hurt to try any of the 4049's available.