MBC ON 26e

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
Just got MBC2 action etc.. on 26e for the first time since they moved frequencies and got their own footprint and we moved location.. .. on an 80cm Lydl dish and a modified old Sky LNB (on its side?) x TMS1000d (and works on a Televe's rsd 7254- but no show on a Comag sl35 yet)... mid e Cheshire... recabling helped a lot.. and the weather. still needs to be a bigger dish though.. but its nice to see you can get it-just.

Anyone struggling to get the MBC channels on 26e with a smaller dish ...(if you are already on most of 26e) ... it seems to be nearer 'inline' with Kuwait Channel 2's transponder.. (Dubai 1 and Bahrain 55 seem .2 (ish) degrees west of the Kuwait ch 2 signal and higher elevation.. but that might be due to our local obstructions

johnwilliam1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500
strong 4375
pace digi box
triax 1.1, triax 88cm
My Location
UK.
pedro2000uk said:
Just got MBC2 action etc.. on 26e for the first time since they moved frequencies and got their own footprint and we moved location.. .. on an 80cm Lydl dish and a modified old Sky LNB (on its side?) x TMS1000d (and works on a Televe's rsd 7254- but no show on a Comag sl35 yet)... mid e Cheshire... recabling helped a lot.. and the weather. still needs to be a bigger dish though.. but its nice to see you can get it-just.

Anyone struggling to get the MBC channels on 26e with a smaller dish ...(if you are already on most of 26e) ... it seems to be nearer 'inline' with Kuwait Channel 2's transponder.. (Dubai 1 and Bahrain 55 seem .2 (ish) degrees west of the Kuwait ch 2 signal and higher elevation.. but that might be due to our local obstructions

i get the mbc with an 88cm triax 0.2titanium tec 1500+ somewhere about 57 to 58% right now 5pm, my base hartlepool uk the north east, reaches about 60% at night, mind i can only get the signal with a tv monitor right next to the dish in the garden otherwise if i had to go up a ladder i would probably use a 1.1 triax. it can be difficult even with a tv monitor, the other signals are easy compaired to the 11919 one, breakup piont on the tec is 40%.

johnwilliam1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500
strong 4375
pace digi box
triax 1.1, triax 88cm
My Location
UK.
i get palmedia at this moment at 76% 5.30pm has touched 80% later on at night

ceevee

Reaction score
Website
www.ceevee.info
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM500 connected to 6MB ADSL Internet, with Gbox on a 1.2 satellite Dish.
My Location
Malta
Would you like to swap? You watch the MBC channels for free with all the american stuff for free etc, and from Malta we can watch the BBC channels (screw ITV) I just want the BBC!!!!!!! hehehehe

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
Reassuring to know that MBC's tp is gettable up there and on an 88 triax at a respectable 57-60%.. MBC 1-4 etc... peak at 46% quality so far here with trees, an ariel/ chimney, part of a roof in line of 26e (and some newly added tin foil at the bottom of the dish (works but looks naff)... Palmedia to 74% BBCW (either) to 56% now ... Dubai 1 and Bahrain 55 & Eritria etc... peak at 52 degrees .. Kuwait 2 45 degrees? ..there is usually a .2 degree trim needed e/w between some of them.

MBC2 is still the best free movie channel.

########################################

Anyone know how an LNB actually works?

trying to modify a metal grundig (looks round but has almost vertcal (15 degree- 28e skew) oval rings in the horn) not 100% sure how it sees the dish area as these are vertical and its intended dish is oval horizontally, the focus point it wants and why the antenae is/are not one vertical and one horizontal but a short one and a long one (reflector?) and can be both veritcal or both horizontal dependending on manufacturers..
.... just ground one out to see the rounder dish and gained 10-15% and it's still a mile out including going outside the dish area but still in focus so its seeing unwanted noise.

olisun

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
, Fibo Gregorian 1.2mtr, Skystar 2
My Location
Hounslow
U should be able to get the MBC channels quite easily off 7W as the transponder is quite strong

NuttCase

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dish lnb and technosat reciever
My Location
nottinghamshire
help help help! i dont know how to setup a sat!
i just phoned those satalite people from the paper and he quoted me £47 just to align my dish to hotbird!

i have mbc2 and action and all that lot stored in my reciever and used to get them before but i stupidly moved my dish! which is i think 120cm
i've been wiggling it around up down right left but havent managed anything!

im near nottingham anyone around to help!?

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
Thanks Olusin! I thought 7w was harder than MBC's own footprint on 11919h on 26e.. but I am definitely going to try 7w too. cheers!

Which sat were you on before you moved the dish NC? 26e or 7w .. if the tp is 11919h then it was 26e.. if not then it was 7w.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
the 26east one will definately be easier to get as 7west not a chance unless you have a decent size dish 1metre above

i can get mbc on 26east fine but not goo signal as dish is abit small, this is with triax td88 dish

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
cheers wod... I have a chimney. tree, ariel and part of a roof top at 26e but clear sky at 7w and we get mbc now on 26e after tweaking so I'd still have another go on 7w sometime when I get time..

Karradi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Darkbox 2007 SD - 110 CM Dish, Motorised.
My Location
NW England
Pedro - can you recommend any local Satellite installer in E. Cheshire?
I am moving to Macc at the end of the week and need to have MBC up and runing ASAP (Hotbird will do I guess).
I have tried to read as many posts as possible - but still a bit unsure whether if I get a 1.1 m motorised dish I will be able to pick up MBC on Arabsat?

Thanks!

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
Good 1.1 should do except in really bad weather on that sat, sensitive receiver and a good lnb (not always claimed .2s) - needs to be bigger dish to try to keep it on in bad weather- bigger the better. 13e only has MBC 1 I think... and some other 26e channels. MBC2/ action/ 3/4 are the one's most people want and they're only on 26e or 7w. Dubai 1's easier and Kuwait ch2/ Bahrain 55-

Best of luck

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
Oh Yeah,,, Little sat/computer shop in Congleton (just ask in Congleton.. don't know the name) and one in High Lane that advertises in What Sat (D&C?), but they are doing a lot less sat stuff - not in Macc though other than Sky dealer etc.

Karradi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Darkbox 2007 SD - 110 CM Dish, Motorised.
My Location
NW England
pedro2000uk said:
Oh Yeah,,, Little sat/computer shop in Congleton (just ask in Congleton.. don't know the name) and one in High Lane that advertises in What Sat (D&C?), but they are doing a lot less sat stuff - not in Macc though other than Sky dealer etc.

Thanks again!
is D&C the one in Stockport & Buxton?
Also what would you say is a good lnb (dont say an antique .7 sky one :p)

back to packing boxes now 'O'-red

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
yeah and Spain...
sorry, can't say what's the best (40mm uni) lnb... tested loads... Get set up and I'll lend you a customised Grundig .7

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
Anyone reading this thread for 26e - Palmedia's transponder has ceased to be such a reliable feed (here) to use to find 26e if you're having difficulties getting on 26e... 12073V 27500 (BBCW Middle East) is about as good as any now - about 65% of what Palmedia was transmitting which was almost as strong as some Sky TPs.

nirelandguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TMS 1000D, TRIAX 88CM, SG2100A,AMSTRAD DRX 550,
My Location
Northern Ireland
I get Palmedia but bugger all else, and thats on an 88cm Triax in the north west UK, I have tweaked everything the best I can but thats the best signal I can get, I'm using a TM5200D, Inverto 0.2lnb and TD88 Dish

johnruddock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 x skyhd digibox
1 bush freesat sd
1 Humax freesat HD
My Location
uk
After seeing the badr 4 movie channels in a holiday apartment in Lanzorote I've bought a fortec star receiver and put an 85 cm dish 0n the wall but I'm having trouble finding the satellite .Any help appreciated.My location is South Cheshire :confused

johnwilliam1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500
strong 4375
pace digi box
triax 1.1, triax 88cm
My Location
UK.
johnruddock said:
After seeing the badr 4 movie channels in a holiday apartment in Lanzorote I've bought a fortec star receiver and put an 85 cm dish 0n the wall but I'm having trouble finding the satellite .Any help appreciated.My location is South Cheshire :confused

john,
that box you bought is awful, about 3 years ago i bought 2 fortec boxs lifetimetime ultras, one eventually went in the bin and the other i still use in my bedroom, the tuner is poor, at the moment i use a tec 1500+, echostar 3000, strong 4375, and a pace for sky and the best one of all of them actually on performance its a tie between the tec and the echostar for pulling in the week signals, both them boxs can do the job for mbc the most difficult signal to get on 26e, mind, you need something like a titanium lnb as well thats what i use for the mbc, i'm on a 88cm triax at the moment with an average of 55% signal, i will have to bring my 1.1 triax out in the garden sometime when i can be bothered

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
If you want the MBC movie channels in mid UK/ South Cheshire etc.. as with all the good advice- we agree you need a good 1.1m- 1.2m dish upwards for long term bad weather use and a known sensitive box such as the technomate etc. Spend time making sure you have the best of everything else too- best cables/ cable joins/ avoid going through a motor if you can, test different LNBs until you find the 'best of a batch' if you can, obviously the best alignment / skew/ and 2 or 3 positions e-w and inclination if poss-- 26e in mid UK needs all that.

Try scanning BBC ME on 12073H 27500 or Dubia 1 on 12130V 27500 or 12226H 27500 Bahrain 55 or 12518H 27500 Kuwait Ch2 ....
MBC 2 & Kuwait ch 2 are east of the main channels by 1/2 degree and we think a different incline angle.:-Cbigsmil