MBC ON 26e

Karradi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Darkbox 2007 SD - 110 CM Dish, Motorised.
My Location
NW England
'O'-red
A year and a bit later I have a motorised setup now and seem to have great signals on Hotbird13, and Astra 28. On Badr26 I think I have a good signal but can never get to scan on the 11843 H Transponder (Rotana).
MBC is good though. How do I get Rotana ? please help.

Triax 110, Darkbox SD and Starsat CUCI3500. (I also have an old
[SIZE=-1]Echostar AD-3000 IP VIA in storage if anyone thinks that will be a better option?)
[/SIZE]

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
11843h is on BADR6 now with the Fox Movies / Fox Series ... sorry.... you need a much bigger dish for BADR6... the echostar's still OK - perhaps you could measure it against what you are using..... sensitivity wise.

Karradi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
pedro2000uk said:
11843h is on BADR6 now with the Fox Movies / Fox Series ... sorry.... you need a much bigger dish for BADR6... the echostar's still OK - perhaps you could measure it against what you are using..... sensitivity wise.

Thanks Pedro. So does that mean I should forget about all the following channels? h**p://en.kingofsat.net/sat-badr6.php

How can I tell if these or any others are on Badr6?

The reason I ask is that I can get LBC which should be also be not available.

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
HI Karradi,

Yes, the general ruile is if it's on BADR6 a much bigger dish is needed..

What frequency are you getting LBC on?

Karradi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
Pedro thanks again for your quick reply.

You are 100% right - the LBC I am talking about is on Hotbird. I was probably referring to Future TV (getting Lebanese channels mixed up:-doh2)

I owe you a nice coffee when you are in Macc next!

Now all I need to figure out is why is my receiver scanning the satellite twice!

Karradi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
OK now you have totally lost me (but its ok, I'll just do a rescan)

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
If you get duplicate channels and they are the same frequency it can be something like the LNB settings not right eg: 22KHz tone set wrong so as it scans Low band then High band both are seen as the same.
Duplicate channels that have slightly different frequencies are usually down to a common blind scan flaw where it thinks it sees a new frequency but it's the same frequency slightly further on to one it's just scanned. You usually just have to edit them out manually .. until someone includes decent software to help edit them out automatically.

Karradi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
pedro2000uk said:
Duplicate channels that have slightly different frequencies are usually down to a common blind scan flaw where it thinks it sees a new frequency but it's the same frequency slightly further on to one it's just scanned. You usually just have to edit them out manually .. until someone includes decent software to help edit them out automatically.

It is this...editing time tonight :)

Chesters

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Zeta Receiver, Fraccaro 85cm motorized Dish
My Location
Lincoln UK
I am managing to get MBC1,2,3,4 and action plus Eritaer and Ethiopia all at levels above 50% quality and I am using an 85cm Fraccaro offset dish with a Silvertech lnb on the end of a diseq motor. Seems to work quite well in the rain etc but gets a bit twitchy in high wind.