MetaBox 10 Query

SilentlyScreaming

Background Snoozer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox x800, 1.3M dish pointed at Hotbird (13E?).
P4 3.6GHz, 2Gb RAM, 1.1TTb H/Drives, 7900GT Grfx Card, BenQ FP91V, cheapo PC World TV card (Phillips 713x chipset)
My Location
Kazakhstan
I've read the rules, checked the download area, searched previous posts, but still need help...
I have previously downloaded a variety of keys, in the hope of unlocking a few more channels, but I'm still a little confused over which to use.
The software I'm using (FileSender 2006 New Version 1.5(also tried two previous versions of same app)) only allows .BIN files to be sent, so that excluded all the other interesting looking ones (.reg .txt .hex etc.), and I've tried sending a few small bin files that looked likely, but no extra channels are available. I've looked at STB Wizard, and used it to upload new background pics etc., but don't know the password to unlock the more 'interesting' areas of it. (btw have upgraded the box's software with FileSender 2006, so pretty sure I've got the approach right, if not the basic ingredients...)
If anyone has, or knows the process for, a MetaBox 10 receiver (or I / II / III if its same details), could you point me in the right direction?
Just to re-iterate, I'm not asking for the keys themselves, I think I've found a few sources for these already, just clarification over what programs other people have successfully used, and which type of files I should try and upload.
I've tried googling for the answer, but run out of search terms to try and get an intelligible answer.
Hoping my first post here hasn't strayed outside the forum rules,
SilentlyScreaming

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There is very little available on an ongoing basis at the moment, TPS on Hotbird is changing keys every half hour or so, so it may be that you are doing nothing wrong.

SilentlyScreaming

Background Snoozer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
P4 3.6GHz, 2Gb RAM, 1.1TTb H/Drives, 7900GT Grfx Card, BenQ FP91V, cheapo PC World TV card (Phillips 713x chipset)
My Location
Kazakhstan
Thanks for the speedy reply.

The encryption methods used on the channels I'm interested in are : Seca, Irdeto, Cryptworks, Conax, VideoGuard, Nagra & NoZap (only one is listed as ONLY ViaAccess, which I understand isn't possible to crack still? Others list ViaAccess as one of the encryptions, or are duplicated in the channel list with different encryptions)

and they're supplied (if thats the right term & of any relevance) by : Cyfra+, NetMed, Flash4285, OpenMux, SkyItalia, GlobeCast UK, OTV17, BT, RRSat, OIV Zagreb, TSA, MTV Networks, (Not actually after TPS channels)

I'm mainly concerned that the only .BIN files I've found have slightly ambiguous (sp?) names like "Key.bin by KM Hot7.5.Bin" and "Key.bin capi by KM.bin" (hoping file names aren't a no no on this forum, no links in this post...) Could you anyone else confirm if I'm actually throwing the wrong sort of data at the box in the first place?

PS This isn't meant as a "No, you must be wrong" post, I appreciate your post above may still be the actual answer, but I'm just hoping that I've made a simple error in my choice of software/keys. Its a little late over here, so excuse typos etc. Had a few late nights strying to sort this one out, not helped by the fact that no shops over here seem to sell null modem cables, or know what they are in the first place. Gave up in the end and bodged a PS/2<>Serial converter and an old camera serial data lead to get this far :>
PPS Some of the encrypted channels worked straight out of the box, with the codes that were pre-programmed... Different software updates seem to change the Keys menu on the MetaBox, I'm guessing some are generic and include options for boxes with card readers etc.?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As far as I know, although it changes constantly, the only one of thsoe which is available is TPS and that only on a periodic basis at the moment.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You can forget anything encoded in Irdeto2 & Videoguard before you start - they are not available unless you subscribe. Not much open in Conax either. Viaccess 2.6 is still secure, and 2.5 may well still be secure too.

Forget Cyfra+ - not open. And scratch Sky Italia off the list too - its totally secure and has been since they dropped the seca encryption.

Globecast on 5E in Crypto is open, although its pretty rubbish

SilentlyScreaming

Background Snoozer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kazakhstan
globecast has one cartoon channel, I'm pretty much looking for anything thats worth having as a channel to flick through, for moments of boredom. Is 5E a reference to the satellite position? I'll have to go back and check where hotbird is situated...
Thanks for the info, if anyone else has suggestions re. BIN being the only uploadable file format or not, or where to go to get specific MetaBox code files, please do let me know.
Thanks again, didn't expect replies to be so quick.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes its the Sirius 2 / 3 group. You are probably well out of range for most of their transmissions if you are in Kazakhstan

moha123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
maroc meknas brzah
My Location
Satellite
merciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii