Meter upgrade advice, H45 Compact, ST4, Promax Explorer

Homo Erectus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3.1
My Location
Iberia
Hi, all,

I want to buy a new meter but cant decide between the H45 Compact, the ST4, or the Promax Explorer.

1) Has anyone got any of these? Can you tell me why you chose it and how it is better than the other two?

2) Do they all work without the need for transponder lists?

3) I got hold of a manual for the Promax but would like to see a manual for the other two, has anyone got one, or a link to one in PDF format in English?

4) I currently have a Satlook Digital NIT Color. Will I gain much of practical use in the field by this upgrade (apart from terrestrial), or am I just spending money unnecessarily?

5) Obviously the above meters do terrestrial too, but, I could cover that hole with a simple terrestrial meter as I don't do much terrestrial aerial stuff. What would be good for that?

Homo Erectus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3.1
My Location
Iberia
Hi, all,

I want to buy a new meter but cant decide between the H45 Compact, the ST4, or the Promax Explorer.

1) Has anyone got any of these? Can you tell me why you chose it and how it is better than the other two?

2) Do they all work without the need for transponder lists?

3) I got hold of a manual for the Promax but would like to see a manual for the other two, has anyone got one, or a link to one in PDF format in English?

4) I currently have a Satlook Digital NIT Color. Will I gain much of practical use in the field by this upgrade (apart from terrestrial), or am I just spending money unnecessarily?

5) Obviously the above meters do terrestrial too, but, I could cover that hole with a simple terrestrial meter as I don't do much terrestrial aerial stuff. What would be good for that?

satinst

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sat and DVB-T Installer.
My Location
Spain
In my opinion, the H45 Compact or Advance are by far better instruments. They can work in "blind scan" mode in SAT and of course deals with DTT signals too.
You can get the user manual here:
_http://www.televes.com/hojastecnicas/01031007_001_UK.pdf