Mibi's SS2 DiSEqC compatibility

Begtets

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyStar2 receiver, 88cm Triax dish, Moteck 2100A motor, Vista MCE x86 (1TB), Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T, lots of X10 etc
My Location
Hull, UK
Looking for someone with a similar setup to help troubleshoot this.

I HAD ProgDVB with SS2DiSEqC v1.9 working fine on XP SP2 with Technisat 4.3 drivers.
I upgraded to the new Technisat 4.4 drivers and added tried MiBi's new 4.4 test patch of Skynet.sys to be used with SS2DiSEqC v1.9 still.
It worked fine.

Then I was curious about using the new Technisat 4.41 Beta BDA driver with my MCE, so I upgraded again. The German Universal DVB software worked great and I could use my SS2 within MCE as my primary tuner. It scanned and found all the FTA channels on Hotbird too. I was impressed.
But it couldn't use softcam's, and it would not drive my motor, so I rolled back.

Only now, I cannot drive my motor. I am running Technisat 4.4 drivers with the patched MiBi 4.4 Skynet.sys. But when I try to drive the dish, it reports 'SkyStar2 Init Error'.

Throughout all this I have been running ProgDVB 4.80.4.

Any ideas? I have already uninstalled the Technisat apps and drivers, rebooted and re-installed. If I find out what it is, I'll post here to save others from afternoons in hell.