Mii (m2)

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
Is anyone using an MII card in DB700OS?
If so, can you post details please.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
haggard said:
Is anyone using an MII card in DB700OS?
If so, can you post details please.
Im not yet but will get one after xmas if not sorted out by then. See them going for €49.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
john_graydon said:
Im not yet but will get one after xmas if not sorted out by then. See them going for €49.
It seems quite a few people have gone this way.
£26 from Spectrum (see header on Toecut site).
Order from web page and the checkout is faulty, double PP on 2 cards! Order by phone and it is single.
I ordered 2, maybe will breathe new life into my ill-bought Force 1122S as well. (->-> Multi-screen footie on Sat pm. It adds to Her Indoor's pleasure of watching beloved ManU win if she can see e.g. WBA taking 2 points off Arsenal on 2nd screen.)
Will dust off my Adteknik MP.
Why bother with DB on might say, well it does have that nice fat hdd and I'd like to increase my backlog of unwatched movies from 24 to nearer 100.

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
wallycharlo said:
what's m2?
In simple terms its one of the latest generation programmable smart cards
i.e. progression from gold -> silver -> fun -> wide array of fast powerful cards like tits and M2s.
In complex terms, just google for M-II and read away.
It is relevant right now because a team called PDK are able to issue new files for conax on 1W within hours so M-II owners are not down as much as the softies (= us with soft cams).
Programming is said to be easier than older cards.
I had put my multiprogramme out to pasture till this week . . . .
Obstacle is price. Golds wwere almost a pound a throw. These are £26 upwards but then you get a little computer.

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
cheers man.

so, this a more convenient way to deal with con*x variations? ... the computer u refer to is a card progra**er i presume?

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
wallycharlo said:
cheers man.

So, this a more convenient way to deal with con*x variations? ... the computer u refer to is a card progra**er i presume?

At the moment, I'd say it deals better with the variations.
No, the card itself is quite a little computer in itself. Its got its OS and software as well as keys by the time its programmed with the M-II.exe. The whole .exe is downloaded after each key change. At the mo, the new keys are coming out in an hour or two after change. I had a programmer already, from gold wafer and funcard days.

Anyway, the M-II arr in post today. Didnt have time to progr card this am. But tonight, downloaded the .exe file from Toecut, powered up programmer, into phoenix mode, inserted new card, ran exe, pressed program, waited a minute till end, took card out and went to DB.
Switched on, channel was black of course, from todays change, inserted card into lower slot while still on Newcamd and voila, back on 1W again.
That cost £26 + PP

les74

Reaction score
Yep Ive ordered one today £35 plus £6 p.p. hope i,ll be able to get a few months out of it.Anyone want some gold cards and funcards..

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
les74 said:

That's a bit steep - £6 to send a smart card!

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
gameboy said:
That's a bit steep - £6 to send a smart card!
I agree. I shopped around and it was swings and horses. Cheaper cards had more PP. I got 2 to share the PP. It also works in my ill-bought Force 1122S so has breathed a bit of life and I should have 2 games Sat pm. The firms web site wanted to charge 2 x £6 for 2 cards so I phoned up and asked if 10 would be £60, they said of course not. So I ordered 2 for £6 PP. They said web site was faulty . . . . . That was Spectrum. It came registered next day.

ciarank

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FortecStar 5100 Ultra
FortecStar LifeTime Classic
My Location
belfast
haggard said:
I agree. I shopped around and it was swings and horses. Cheaper cards had more PP. I got 2 to share the PP. It also works in my ill-bought Force 1122S so has breathed a bit of life and I should have 2 games Sat pm. The firms web site wanted to charge 2 x £6 for 2 cards so I phoned up and asked if 10 would be £60, they said of course not. So I ordered 2 for £6 PP. They said web site was faulty . . . . . That was Spectrum. It came registered next day.
what is the best CAM to use with mII?

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
ciarank said:
what is the best CAM to use with mII?
You should have no trouble. Enough s-cams will do coax from card reader.
Newcamd does, Camd3, MGcamd and Xcamd all should and Radegast might.
Also, embedded coax cam in Force does.
On DB, I just load a cam that works (Newcamd) and leave out the rest.

the_swat

Reaction score
does anybody know where to get the new con*x codes for the mII card seeing as over night toecut seems to have gone completely legit

adrianmac

Reaction score
haggard said:
In simple terms its one of the latest generation programmable smart cards
i.e. progression from gold -> silver -> fun -> wide array of fast powerful cards like tits and M2s.
In complex terms, just google for M-II and read away.
It is relevant right now because a team called PDK are able to issue new files for conax on 1W within hours so M-II owners are not down as much as the softies (= us with soft cams).
Programming is said to be easier than older cards.
I had put my multiprogramme out to pasture till this week . . . .
Obstacle is price. Golds wwere almost a pound a throw. These are £26 upwards but then you get a little computer.

what do you mean you get a little compuer

when i buy a mii card do i get someyhing with it and will it work on mat rev cam?

tks

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
adrianmac said:

when i buy a mii card do i get someyhing with it and will it work on mat rev cam?

tks

No just the card. You have to programme it via programmer/computer. Not sure about Matrix cam if you want 1w. Magic should do ok.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
the_swat said:
does anybody know where to get the new con*x codes for the mII card seeing as over night toecut seems to have gone completely legit

Enable yr PM and I'll send you the link

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
adrianmac said:

tks
What I meant was thas the card has its own OS and operates like a little computer in itself, so £26 isn't such a bad deal.

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
the_swat said:
...toecut seems to have gone completely legit...
look at the post on toes about "...if you want files..." :)

trackterboy

Reaction score
My Location
Cotswolds
Hi there, can anyone out there help me - I have a Force 5 series with embedded conax, want to get 1 degree west channels, will a Mii card do the trick.