Minisat 2 - Anyone? I've lost all hope!

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
Does anyone know anything about this receiver? It goes by all a few different names but some may know it as the Maxview camping one...

Saejin Minisat 2

It's also branded/badged by: Eurosky, Conrad
and by Technosat as: T-8000 Super Slim

Strong may also have badged it.

Saejin used to have it listed on their website h**p://www.sjtm.co.kr/ (I doubt I need to use those asterisks but just incase!) and it's the website given on the receiver's OSD - but, alas it's long gone.

I'd love to get new software/firmware for it as it many things don't work on it properly, or at all! These include the 16:9 option, favourite channels, teletext VBI and EPG/EIT. These are all faults (I know that for a fact).

If anyone knows anything about the receiver or it's software I'll be really, really happy and eternally grateful! If not, then I have to think about getting a new STB. God knows where to start!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
I've done some pretty extensive searching already (spent a good few hours on the first site in the hope of finding details of receivers on eBay - whilst at it I looked for minisat2 clones).

And it goes without saying that I'd already done your thread and followed the links, to no avail.

I was just wondering if anyone else knew of this receiver (under whatever guise) or had any knowledge of the manufacturer - Saejin. It's amazing how little info this about this receiver seeing as it's still being sold by one UK retailer for £150! Yes, £150! At £60 I spent way over the odds (and that was year or two ago).

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
It's STi5500MVB-X