Missing Freeview Channels

richardinalex

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Alexandria, Egypt
So Freeview has arrived in East Suffolk - all that time spent with Freesat and dishes could be a thing of the past - maybe even a Welcome back "Dave"

Took me a few weeks to find some coax and some aeiel connectors - but eventually got around to connecting a Samsung LE26R41 to the aeriel. Pressed the DTV autoscan button - and hey ho - up popped loads of Digital Channels - but no DAVE - and a few others missing. What's going on?

Bit of internet research - and I came across the concept of Multiplex Groups - all new to me

I'm receiving the Multiplex 1, 2, B (although not Sky Sports - encrypted?) group of channels - but none from Multiplex A, C, D.

Not sure about the HD Grouping - might be an "HD" issue - although I'm sure that the Samsung TV is an HD ready set.

The signal strength on BBC 1 is fluctuating between 85- 95% with 0 BIT Error
For ITV1 signal is at 84% with 0 BIT Error
For BBC4 strength between 89-94% - again 0 BIT Error

Any ideas why there's this missing group of channels?

Thanks Chaps

Richard

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
There's Freeview, which uses six multiplexes, and Freeview "lite" which, I think, only has three. Basically if you're geting your TV from a main transmitter you'll get the full package but if it's from a repeater then it'll be the reduced offering.

If you could get analogue C5 before the switchover then you were probably on a main transmitter, if you didn't then you definitely weren't.

Mind you, having said that, after DSO the auto tuning process sometimes picks on a previously unused transmitter. Up here in the north west when we had DSO there were many people in Wirral and, believe it not Blackburn area, who suddenly found they were on the Welsh transmitter!

richardinalex

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Alexandria, Egypt
Thanks Paul - So I checked my Transmitter - its a Repeater (Aldeburgh) - transmitting Freeview Lite. So there's the answer to the missing Multiplex Groups. What about the HD channels - are they on Freeview Lite? Not picking them up. Should I be?

Richard

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The BBC HD channels are on one of the main muxes so you should get them.

Its on Channel 25 and transmitted at 10kW.

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
-http://www.ukfree.tv/shutdowndetail.php?tx=TM442596

Yeah, you have HD channels on that transmitter

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
According to _http://www.ukfree.tv/shutdowndetail.php?tx=TM442596 you should be getting the HD channels.

Is there no chance of pointing an aerial at the main Tacolneston transmitter? That has the full multiplex and has also been given a power boost following DSO. That would give you Dave.

_http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=TM131958