Missing Titles on EPG

oddjob34

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat V7 HD
My Location
UK
Hi Everyone, not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place, all this is new to me...
We got one of those small V7 boxes, and I have it set up with all the free to air channels on satellite 28.2E. Only thing is, the EPG is only kind of working. I realise that the box only has 'Now & Next', but for some reason it has no titles for the shows.
There is some kind of signal coming in because if I got to the 'full' EPG as opposed to the the small 'screen overlay' one, there is a description of the show - but not the name of the show itself.
Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Can you post a photo of the screen?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I wondered if this might be an issue not with the box but with the transmitted data: But, having checked all my generic boxes, it turns out all the data is present.

Standard procedure, therefore: Have you turned it off then on again?

oddjob34

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat V7 HD
My Location
UK
I wondered if this might be an issue not with the box but with the transmitted data: But, having checked all my generic boxes, it turns out all the data is present.

Standard procedure, therefore: Have you turned it off then on again?

Yes, a few times :)
The 2 other things I wondered about was:

- Firmware update: but I have no idea how to do that - the Freesat.cn has files but no guide on how to actually do it

- I read on a forum that the UK EPG is on Channel 11777, not sure how I would go about adding that to the box

Thanks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
No, that's the Transponder for the Sky EPG. The Freesat EPG is on 11428.

Furthermore , as your box isn't a Freesat box (Or, indeed, a Sky box), but a Chinese made FTA box with a misleading brand name, neither of those EPGs can be interpreted by your box.

The Now and Next data you are getting occupies part of the bandwidth of whichever Transponder the Channel being viewed is on. This is why, when you move to a Channel on a different Transponder, you'll see the data for all other Channels on that Transponder populating.

oddjob34

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat V7 HD
My Location
UK
No, that's the Transponder for the Sky EPG. The Freesat EPG is on 11428.

Furthermore , as your box isn't a Freesat box (Or, indeed, a Sky box), but a Chinese made FTA box with a misleading brand name, neither of those EPGs can be interpreted by your box.

The Now and Next data you are getting occupies part of the bandwidth of whichever Transponder the Channel being viewed is on. This is why, when you move to a Channel on a different Transponder, you'll see the data for all other Channels on that Transponder populating.

Thanks Lazarus, that makes sense.

Incidentally, I've just managed to update the firmware to the latest version and it made no difference - the show names are still either blank or 'undefined content'.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Have you checked the EPG options, in the menu?
I bought a V8s, for my parents, and it had several different EPG options, one of which worked best.