2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
I take no credit for this
Info comes from MODTS.co.uk

..but a site change made it difficult to find again so I'm posting the relevant info here for future reference..

There are various mods for various functions but we are only intested in bypassing the need for diseqc commands and powering the unit permanently on..
So ..
Only the simpler mod is needed ..but caution when doing it ..
a small and fiddly job even so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next mod involved either lifting pads of a chip or cutting the legs of the chip nearest the chip itself. Then the wires that were connected to the pads are pulled high by wiring them directly to the 5V regulator onboard.

Cut/lift 3 of the pins of the 18pin chip and add 2 wire links.

Pins 14,17,18 need to be cut from the chip or lifted up from the board and the pads where they were attached need to be connected to +5v from the regulator. Pins 17/18 are joined on the pcb already so that's why only 2 wire links.

Lift the three pins marked with arrows away from the pads.. Not very easy but possible !!
A fine tipped soldering iron will make it much easier to just heat and bend them up over. Alternatively using a very small snips cut the leads very close to the black chip body.

Then fit two wires from these pads in green to the output from the 5v regulator.
For pin 14 you can alternatively solder the wire from the regulator to either side of the resistor marked with '0' just above the chip in the photo if it is easier... pin14 pad is very small.

Finally it looks something like this:

Attachments

• SUP-2400mod2.jpg
    SUP-2400mod2.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 123
  • ModComplete.JPG
    ModComplete.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 120

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Ah yes, that's the site I went to for modding the Triax KA LNB. Alas not very successfully.

Thanks for the info, waiting now for their arrival. Obviously you did your mod earlier on your existing units?

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Ah yes, that's the site I went to for modding the Triax KA LNB. Alas not very successfully.

Thanks for the info, waiting now for their arrival. Obviously you did your mod earlier on your existing units?

Well I bought 3 at the time..
Only modded 1 unit Llew ..on output 1 of the SL3
Left the other 2 as is ..
one is in my spares box ..and the other is in use on a second SL3 output ..which is normally in OFF mode but can be turned on with diseqc commands
E2 03 00 = on
E2 02 00 = off

rgds
VS

A

Archive-8

Well I bought 3 at the time..
Only modded 1 unit Llew ..on output 1 of the SL3
Left the other 2 as is ..
one is in my spares box ..and the other is in use on a second SL3 output ..which is normally in OFF mode but can be turned on with diseqc commands
E2 03 00 = on
E2 02 00 = off

rgds
VS

Sorry to ask, but I have tried to use the diseqc commands to switch on my sup-2400 but the PC keeps saying error.

It wants it in 4 pairs I think?