Monoblocks on a multi sat dish.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Yes, I can get 45°, 42°, 39° and 36° (45° is on a pipe clamp extension from 42° on the end of the bar). However, 39° is an ALPS LNB, as I think I found it awkward to get the seperation with three standard headed LNB's. Those chunky plastic holders don't help either!! (See photo's)

Attachments

• Far eastern sats.jpg
    Far eastern sats.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 75
  • Easterly sats from dish face.jpg
    Easterly sats from dish face.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 85

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Nice result Pete ;)

Fano

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90 Dish and Smart 60cm Dish @28.2E
Receivers:Dm800s,Dm600s,Dm500s,
Ferguson Ariva 120,Opticum x403p,Tm 500.
Satlink 6906 meter
My Location
Ireland
sonnetpete said:
Yes, I can get 45°, 42°, 39° and 36° (45° is on a pipe clamp extension from 42° on the end of the bar). However, 39° is an ALPS LNB, as I think I found it awkward to get the seperation with three standard headed LNB's. Those chunky plastic holders don't help either!! (See photo's)
Very interesting .
The lnb holders on the trix multibar are poorly designed,they could do with a slight redesign to make them narrower .

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

My Location
Normandy, France
Fano said:
Very interesting .
The lnb holders on the trix multibar are poorly designed,they could do with a slight redesign to make them narrower .

.....or you can 'modify' them with one of those high speed hobby drills......

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Sorry to revive this thread after a couple of months, but I've finally got round to starting the cabling. I'm about half way and have found out why F connectors are so named...

When I've finished I'll start a new thread on the members systems section, add some pictures and put a link through to this one.

Just a quick query though. I'm using Vantage 4/1 diseqc 2.0 switches, feeding into a Spaun 420F then feeding into my VU+ Uno. The Spaun has a switched mode, 1, 2 or 3. I'm finding the instructions a bit confusing, any ideas which mode the Spaun should be set to?

Hughes

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HDR, Samsung Sky+ HD, Skybox, Fransat HD box, Fransat SD box
Several dishes up to 150cm, receiving 28E 26E 19E 13E 9E 5W
My Location
Lugo, Galicia, Spain
Lovely self-explanatory photos. Will definitely put the Triax bar on my wish list after seeing what a bit of ingenuity can achieve! Chapeau!

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Hughes said:
Lovely self-explanatory photos. Will definitely put the Triax bar on my wish list after seeing what a bit of ingenuity can achieve! Chapeau!

Thanks! The plumbing pipe holders are apparently called Munson Clamps but I can't imagine you'd have any problem finding them in a Brico/DIY store. (should you want to experiment with extra LNB's)

Hughes

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HDR, Samsung Sky+ HD, Skybox, Fransat HD box, Fransat SD box
Several dishes up to 150cm, receiving 28E 26E 19E 13E 9E 5W
My Location
Lugo, Galicia, Spain
See if I can get down to the local Akí, same group as Leroy Merlin, and check out the plumbing section. Failing that, there's always the plumbing supplies shop where the real plumbers go. Rather than work out the Spanish for Munsom Clamp I´ll take a couple of LNBs with me!

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
sonnetpete said:
I'm using Vantage 4/1 diseqc 2.0 switches, feeding into a Spaun 420F then feeding into my VU+ Uno. The Spaun has a switched mode, 1, 2 or 3. I'm finding the instructions a bit confusing, any ideas which mode the Spaun should be set to?
Ok, so you've got it like this, right?
LNB -> DiSEqC 2.0 -> Spaun 420F -> Vu+ Solo

Also, is there a motorised dish in the mix? Or just fixed LNBs.

Put the Spaun in mode 1 and address it with Uncommited DiSEqC command "input 1-4", which (in mode 1) correspond to ports 1-4 on the switch.

In Tuner settings you need to be in "advanced" mode.

DiSEqC mode = "1.1".

Committed DiSEqC command relates to the DiSEqC 2.0 switches. AA = port 1; AB = port 2; BA = port 3, & BB = port 4.

Sequence repeat = "no".

Command order = "uncommitted committed toneburst".

DiSEqC repeats = "no".

Best thing you can do is make a spreadsheet to keep track of your settings. Give each LNB a number between 1 & 16 and save what slot, DiSEqC 1.0, and DiSEqC 1.1 setting you need to address each LNB. I've attached a spreadsheet from my planning stage, which has changed quite a bit now, but the up-to-date one is on another computer.

Attachments

• screenshot-of-tuner.jpg
    screenshot-of-tuner.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Positions.pdf
    44 KB · Views: 49

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Huevos said:
Ok, so you've got it like this, right?
LNB -> DiSEqC 2.0 -> Spaun 420F -> Vu+ Solo

Also, is there a motorised dish in the mix? Or just fixed LNBs.

Yes, the order you wrote down is correct. It is just fixed LNB's, the motorised dish will be used by the DrHD.

I'll try and make a spreadsheet, at the moment I've written down what I've connected to where, on a sheet of paper. I still have 8 LNB's to connect up, two leads to the other ports on the Spaun, and a cable to run from the Spaun to the Solo. If the weather stays as it is, I hope to get it all up and running by next weekend.

Fano

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90 Dish and Smart 60cm Dish @28.2E
Receivers:Dm800s,Dm600s,Dm500s,
Ferguson Ariva 120,Opticum x403p,Tm 500.
Satlink 6906 meter
My Location
Ireland
sonnetpete said:
On the 60cm photo we have (L to R) 23.5°E, 13°E, 9°E, 5°E (centre), 0.8°W and 5°W.
Good lord ,a 30 degree span on a 60cm dish ,that seems to defy alot of what I have read about multi lnb dish setups.Crazy

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I've currently got 28.5E to 1W on an 80cm dish with 19.2E as the centre. 1W isn't too great though even though it's a strong satellite here in Finland.

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
I think there's enough space on the bar to squeeze another 10° out of it, but obviously you have to be selective which sats you go for. There wasn't much of interest after 5°W (obviously 4°W and 7°W aren't possible on a 60cm dish) but I could possibly stretch to 12.5°W.