Moteck SG2100a Motor Querry??

stevienire

stevienire

My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1000D + Moteck SG2100a + 85CM Dish
My Location
Northern Ireland
Will there be any problems with this motor driving a 1m dish? I'm installing a dish for a neighbour and he has bought one of these motors and a 1m dish however I don't want to install it if I have to take it down.

I have read reports of the SG2100 being no good for a 1m dish so am wondering if there is much difference in the 2100a??

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It will drive a 1m dish, but it will loosen the motor arm over a period of time (couple of years), this can be tightened up again though and quite successfully. :)

If the position is very exposed, then better to limit it to a 90cm.

jakenl

jakenl

My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Starlight 5900+PVR-80GB,Topfield TF5000CI,Skystar2,110cm dish, Invacom 0,3dB, Moteck SG2100A,range: 75East-61West,AMD Sempron 2600+, Windows XP Pro.
My Location
The Netherlands
I am using this motor with a 1,10 m dish without any problems.

Jakenl

C

claasi

My Satellite Setup
105 cm motor dish with 75E to 45 W - Openbox 820 CI
My Location
Germany- Munich
Well aluminum dish is rather better than a steel one because of the weight. If it is aluminum even better ...

T

tandeh

so whats the best quality aluminium dish out for a reasonable price?, i want to be able to pickup sport epsecially Football (english), so i would like to pickup whichever sat that has sport on.

T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
stevienire said:
Will there be any problems with this motor driving a 1m dish? I'm installing a dish for a neighbour and he has bought one of these motors and a 1m dish however I don't want to install it if I have to take it down.

I have read reports of the SG2100 being no good for a 1m dish so am wondering if there is much difference in the 2100a??
I got a 1.2 m steel dish on an exposed position for the last 2 years. I am not saying it is the best thing to do, but it works...It did say in the instructions " up to 1,2 m" :) so....