motor goes in only one direction

ginger

Reaction score
hi got my motor moving using usals but it now only goes in the one direction. it picks up evrything east ok but when i try to pick up somthing on the west it simply goes in the opposite direction i.e goes east. going to see if that is a common problem but if anyone has any ideas i would be glad if you could let me know.

i have a technomate 5500ci super and i am using a digipower motor.

cheers

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
Have you tried, "Go To Reference"?
Parky

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you entered your coordinates correctly in the USALs menu?

ginger

Reaction score
hi there. i have still not got it sorted. what i done was i moved the satellite manually until i picked up thor. i got a reception on that and then clicked on usals and saw i was getting a signal and that i could pick up a signal for all of the satellites east apart from astra 28.2e. i have not put any settings into the usals system. for example i click on thor and it is set up as longitude 0 and latitude 0. do you think this could be affecting why the sat does not go west?????

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Could be, the idea of USALS, is that it should be given your location, then given an accurate due South, then it should be able to find the satellites. If you don't give it the correct information, or no information at all, it will not work properly.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
ginger said:
hi there. i have still not got it sorted. what i done was i moved the satellite manually until i picked up thor. i got a reception on that and then clicked on usals and saw i was getting a signal and that i could pick up a signal for all of the satellites east apart from astra 28.2e. i have not put any settings into the usals system. for example i click on thor and it is set up as longitude 0 and latitude 0. do you think this could be affecting why the sat does not go west?????

Yes Mate, put in your longitude and latitude, i.e your co-ordinates into your receiver. As Rolf says, it won't work properly otherwise; it needs to
know where you are, to calculate how far to move and in what direction.
You can find your location here:-
_http://www.satsig.net/maps/lat-long-finder.htm

Click on the map and zoom in.