motor problem after reciever was switched off

pablopist

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500s 80cm motorised dish ***** darkmotor +sky dish on freesat
My Location
england
ok any help much appreciated have a spiderboxhd and 80cm dish with darkmotor all :-worshiphas been fine for a number of weeks normally use thor 1w hotbird 13e astra1 and astra2 all these where manually found and stored .

but today when the reciever was in standby the good lady by mistake turned box off ,and when i came in some hours later and switched it back on the dish goes the wrong way for whichever sat im trying to find ,i manually found thor 1west and resaved and also hotbird only to find when i try to go back the dish doesnt move the right way

which is the best way forward for me ie do i need to reset the motor ? and if so what position do i put it in first

ps have manually found astra2 and will leave until i get some advice thanks Nidge

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Try a reset or send to reference command first then reboot. Have you another receiver to try?

pablopist

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
england
only got my dreambox500s which didnt like moving the motor at times ,but will get the ladder out tomoz ,which position should i leave the dish in before a reset ? its at 28.2 at moment thanks

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
No don't touch the dish alignment, send to reference/reset meaning a receiver DiSEqC command. Does the darkmotor have a hard reset button like some of the other popular motors have? As you've mentioned dream500s, it's most probably a receiver issue.

pablopist

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
england
yes read the manual and its got two buttons on the bottom ,says hold in for 10secs with reciever in standby and then turn receiver on might manually send dish to thor1w first which is close to 0 deg south for me anyway originally set it up that way satelliteman