motor problem

Marcas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fracarro penta 85cm dish, motek motor and Technomate 5200D receiver
My Location
Belfast
I have had a motorised dish setup for many years which I set up myself with a lot of help from this forum and which has run without problems. Recently I bought a Humax Fransat HD receiver to look at the French equivalent of freesat and also to keep availability of other satellites such as Hotbird and Astra 19. The French Channels worked fine on what used to be called Atlantic Bird but the motor wouldn't turn. I tried going back to my other receiver and it worked fine on Atlantic Bird for the unscrambled channels as before but wouldn't turn the dish either as it had being doing days earlier. I have since tried another receiver and rigged up another second hand disecq motor with a length of cable to see if I could get a motor to turn. The light on both motors lights up green to show they are getting power. I have no idea if the spare motor works although I could see nothing obvious wrong with it when the cover was removed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Is the Humax fransat receiver the FR 1000 model, or something else?
I have tried to check the technical specifications, of the Humax FR 1000, and can't find any mention of it being capable of using USALS, or Diseqc 1.2, to drive a motor. Can you please provide more information, and how you set it up?

Marcas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Thanks for your response. It is the FR1000 which is capable of driving the motor according to the instructions and menu. In any case, the problem must lie elsewhere since it won't work with the Technomate 5200D which I have been using for years, nor another old receiver which I tried

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Is the motor a Moteck or one of its many clones?

If so, it might simply need resetting - using something like a straightened out paper clip carefully inserted into the small hole under the casing.

I seem to recall having a similar problem after changing the receiver used with a pre-existing motor.

Do keep out of the way of the dish face when doing this.

Marcas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Thanks for the suggestion. I think the motor is a motek or similar. I tried the paperclip with the spare second hand motor which I had been given which I had connected to a short length of aerial cable in the hope of testing it last night. The light changed from green to red momentarily but it didn't provoke any movement. I opened it up to and there was no visible damage inside.
When I connect the Technomate up to the dish I can still get all of the unencrypted French channels on Atlantic Bird, but the dish won't move to Hotbird or any of the other satellites with this receiver. I am happy to try the reset on this also when I get the chance.

Captain Jack

Retired human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Does the motor move when you press a button under the base?

Marcas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Thanks for the suggestion. Managed to get to the motor today and pressed the re-set botton. Everything working OK with the Technomate, now all I have to do is sort out the Humax which doesn't look like it is going to be easy. Once again, thanks again to all for the suggestions

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Not a problem. It's what we're here for [emoji4]

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
By the way, how are you swopping the receivers?

If you are removing the dish cable from one and connecting it live to the other, that could be why the Motor gets confused.

Do it off load, or get an A/B Cable Isolation Switch.