motor problem

nitro66

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-
hi,
ive just bought a motor for my 80cm dish, got it all setup - aligned to 1W and using a signal meter and the buttons on the motor to move it i can see that it is tracking the arc fine. Problem is this- when i connect it to my receiver i just can't get it to move. I go to the satellite setup menu and the receiver tells me that the dish is moving but its actually going nowhere. Ive tried changing various settings, pressing the reset button on the motor but just can't seem to figure out whats wrong with it. My receiver is a strong SRT-4375 and the motor is a metronic 450907.

Any advise on what i should try would be appreciated!

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Are you using the East/West buttons in the receiver motor menu, or Gotox/USALS?

nitro66

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-
im using the east/west buttons on the receiver menu, the receiver does not support USALS

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you chosen DiseqC 1.2, as the receiver also has a 36v positioner and may think that it is connected.

nitro66

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-
yep DiseqC 1.2 is definetly selected.

could the motor and the receiver just not like each other for some reason? anyone else had problems with a metronic motor used with a strong receiver?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Is there a setting for inserting your longitude and latitude? I seem to vaguely remember someone else having a similar problem, but unfortunately not the answer. :)

nitro66

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-
no there isnt a menu to enter long/lat figures.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately it is so long since i last installed one, that I can't remember what the menu structure is like. Just been having a search for a handbook, but can't find one.

If it has DiseqC1.2, then it should work with pretty much any DiseqC motor, but I seem to remember that earlier versions of the receiver only had DiseqC 1.0.

nitro66

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-
Yes it did originally have just diseqc 1.0 but the firmware has been upgraded so it now supports 1.2. maybe ill try installing the firmware again.