motor set up

gfcc1

Reaction score
hi ive just bought a diseqc 1.2 motormodel sg-2100a i have a 80cm dish set up already set to hotbird 13e now before i go out and start cursing when i go out and fit the motor can i fit the motor to exactly the same postion as my dish is already set at or do i have to find thor and start from there im totaly confused about the longitude and latitude settings
i live in sheerness kent and heavens above says my settings are latitude 51.446 longitude 0.756 and elevation 0m but on my motor the angles for long/and elevation does not go down that far any help please

kaorn extreme 550 ci-xcs 80cm dish mvr cam and sg-2100a h-h motor

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The settings on the motor are for lattitude and elevation, but not your elevation, it is the elevation of the satellite on the horizon. Use the lattitude scale and adjust it to 51.5.

Thor is not due South for you, but is pretty close and to make it work well, just drive the motor to a couple of points west on the scale to compensate. You can do it using another sat, but it makes the job harder and is unlikely to produce such a good result.

gfcc1

Reaction score
cheers im out to set it up in a while will let you know how i get on and if the dish has ended up in next doors garden:D :D :D

gfcc1

Reaction score
hi totaly stuck now have got dish set up on my reciever what do i set to i have manually moved the motor to 8w and tried to scan thor only getting 15% signal on search also what do i set my reciever up to on motor installation i have several options i have switch type = none/diseqc /motor/ usuals/

also i have a motor set up option should i use this at all the options are fine drive/normal drive/store postion /go to postion/go to zero/east limit /west limit/clear limit
all this is on antenna set up
the settings are as follows
anttena set up=23
satellite=hotbird 1-5
transponder=10719v27500
lnb power=on
lnb type=u-lnb1
22khz=auto
switch type=motor
option=motor setup
0/12v=12v

im totally confused now :confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like you are jumping the gun, you need to have the motor at its zero position, perhaps a couple of degrees west to account for your longitude. Then you need to swing the motor mount on the pole and the dish elevation up and down whilst monitoring the signal strength on the receiver. A portable TV out by the dish will help, as will making sure that you have the default transponder on 1W set to something like 11421 H 24500 7/8

When you have achieved a signal on that, then lock up the dish and pole mount and try scanning on that transponder to see if you've found the correct satellite.

gfcc1

Reaction score
have now totaly lost the plot had to call engineer out going to cost £80 to realign my dish wish i had left it fixed at 13e never mind i suppose when its sorted out it will be worth it by the way which ever way i moved the dish n/s/e/w i am only getting 15% signal i was also told that thor is down not sure if thats true or not
thanks for help any way

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
gfcc1 said:
i was also told that thor is down not sure if thats true or not

If you tune in BBC World Free-to-air (FTA) on Thor you can find satellite - I think the reference to downs is to the encrypted channels only available using official cards - previously they have been opened.

Hope the engineer sorts you out - you can let us know.

gfcc1

Reaction score
engineer got my system up and working today loads more channels will be here all night flicking through channels

phillpayne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400z patched to hot 11.1, v box mrk2, 1.1m triax dish, jeager 12" activator .6 lnb, modified pet123 settings
My Location
kent
bugger,
if i had popped in earlier i may have been able to help one way or another, cos i am only up the road from you, don't know your stb but am used to setting up the diqesc mounts.
never mind glad to see you are up and running
phil