Motorised Dish Install Required - Armagh, N. Ireland

_paddy_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000
19.2°E + 28.2°E
My Location
Armagh City, N. Ireland
Anyone in Armagh City, Northern Ireland or know of anyone in or around Armagh City who does motorised installations? Have 2 LNB's on my dish (19.2°E and 28.2°E) but looking into getting a motor and seeing what else is out there. Thanks.

G

Have you considered doing it yourself?

It isn't at all difficult :)

What size Dish are you using?

_paddy_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000
19.2°E + 28.2°E
My Location
Armagh City, N. Ireland
Given the location of my dish and pole mount and also my chronic fear of heights... no I wouldn't! :p

Anyway, I did have one at lower level years ago I did myself and it was very frustrating to get working, and I only got a few of the satellites and no matter what I tried I couldn't get the rest, so I think this time I should leave it to the professionals, making it quicker and stress free for me. :)

My dish is 80cm I believe.

G

I know what you mean about heights.

All my Dishes are positioned so as to be easily and safely accessible.

80cm should get you a decent range of Satellites, although bearing in mind the relatively low cost of Dishes as compared with the overall cost of getting someone to do the Motorised Installation for you, may I plant the seed of an idea and suggest you think about putting something slightly larger up?

eg Triax TD88 or Gibertini 1m?

It would probably be worth the small extra cost.

_paddy_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000
19.2°E + 28.2°E
My Location
Armagh City, N. Ireland
Space is an issue too, I only have one location I could put the dish and as it is, the 80cm dish willl only go round as far as 28.2E maybe a smidge more eastwards, but after that the arm touches the roof of the house and won't go any further. Everything west of it should be fine though, nothing stopping it there. (It wasn't a problem when putting it in originally as all I wanted was 28.2E, but now the dish is set on 19.2E with 28.2E as an offset with a bracket).

The satellites I was most looking to receive via the motor were 28.2E, 19.2E and 1W, and maybe a few others, programme depending! :p

I think with the added size of the motor a larger dish might not be possible to put it in it's current location unless a larger pole is used or a different location altogether, but like I said, there's no-where else to put it really unless modifications are made, but that's going to push the cost right up and I wasn't looking to spend lots on this.

GlennMillarTV

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None, well Sky Digi...
My Location
Portadown, Northern Ireland
Hi, Paddy, click on installers at the top of the page and look for an installer in county armagh and you'll find my details...

Give me a buzz and I'll get it sorted for you.

_paddy_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000
19.2°E + 28.2°E
My Location
Armagh City, N. Ireland
Hi Glenn, thanks for the reply, will send you an e-mail momentarily.

_paddy_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000
19.2°E + 28.2°E
My Location
Armagh City, N. Ireland
Glenn, I sent you an e-mail to your address given on your website. The address you had on it might be an old one. I will resend the informatio in a PM incase you didn't get it.

_paddy_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000
19.2°E + 28.2°E
My Location
Armagh City, N. Ireland
Just to follow up on this thread, Glenn was out recently and I have to say he did a great job and I would definitely recommend him to anyone who requires any aerial or satellite work done.

Thanks again Glenn! Will be in contact soon about the motor!